North Bay Air Museum at Sonoma Valley Airport - Sonoma, CA
April through Early-November:
Thursday through Monday - 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Mid-November through March:
Saturday and Sunday - 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Pilots have over 85 combined years of flying experience and are extremely knowledgeable and passionate about vintage aircraft
- Ride in the jumpseat of a meticulously restored and incredibly rare P51 Mustang
- Enjoy amazing views of the stunning Northern California countryside
- A great experience for history buffs and thrill seekers alike!
Considered one of the most famous of the WWII fighters, the North American P51 Mustang Warbird, your ride on this historic and extremely rare plane is sure to be one to remember!
Take a trip back in time as you race down the runway and imagine yourself as one of the infamous WWII fighter pilots. Sleek, sexy, and fast, the P51 Mustang is widely considered to have been the plane that turned the tides of the war and was named "the most aerodynamically perfect pursuit plane in existence," by the Truman Senate War Investigating Committee in 1944.
After take-off, you'll experience the rush of soaring through the abundant blue skies of Sonoma Valley and soak in the breathtaking views of its famous rolling hills and vineyards!
The North American P51 Mustang:
This long range bomber traditionally is a single seat craft, but you will get the rare opportunity to ride as a passenger in the specially installed jumpseat. There are only a handful of these planes that fly commercially, so don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity!
- Children must be at least 40 inches tall and children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult
30, 40 or 60 minutes of flight time, depending on the option selected.
This aircraft can only accommodate 1 passenger.
There is a picnic area for family and friends to watch the take-off and landing.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. We recommend dressing in layers and avoiding windbreakers as they tend to fill with air. A cloth flying helmet and ear plugs are provided. If you would like to take a camera on board, please make sure it has a strap or leash to secure around your wrist or neck.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is it safe?
Safety is always the first priority. Each aircraft is meticulously restored and maintained to meet the highest FAA maintenance standards. This aircraft is approved through the FAA's Living History Flight Experience.
What if my flight is cancelled for weather?
Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. If your flight is cancelled for weather, you will reschedule directly with the pilot.
Can I bring a camera or camcorder?
Yes, but your camera must have a strap. A camera with a wide angle or panoramic lens is best, but even a throw away camera will capture this unforgettable experience. A camcorder is okay as long as it is one of the smaller hand held types.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 106 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences