San Francisco, CA
Sundays - 1:30 PM
Explore the best of the famed Presidio on a guided hike and discover the hidden gems of the historic military base and surrounding area!
- Tours have been featured in Ethiad Magazine, Sunset Magazine and Thrillist
- Experienced guides are TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award recipients
- Travel approximately 5 miles on the 2.5-hour hike
- Visit the Lyon Street Steps, three of Andy Goldsworthy's artwork, Lovers Lane, Inspiration Point, the Presidio Main Post and more!
Traverse the beautiful terrain of the Presidio and surrounding area on this 2.5-hour, 5-mile hike. Your friendly, knowledgeable and experienced guide will lead the group on a one of a kind urban adventure in San Francisco.
Lace up those shoes, grab some water and get ready to see some of the city's famous landmarks! Sights on the tour may include (and are subject to change):
- Lyon Street Steps
- Andy Goldworthy's Wood Line, Tree Fall and Spire
- Lovers' Lane
- Presidio Main Post, a former military base
- Inspiration Point
- San Francisco National Cemetery
- Bay Area Ridge Trail
- Ecology Trail
History, art and nature lovers alike will love the Presidio Exploration Hike in San Francisco!
- This hike is considered moderate
- Participants can expect to walk up to 5 miles
- Recommended for anyone over the age of 13
- All participants are encouraged to bring water
Approximately 3 hours
You will be accompanied by other tour participants with a minimum of 2 participants and a maximum of 15.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This tour will run in mild weather. In the event of severe weather, or if you have any questions regarding weather, it is recommended to contact your experience provider directly. In the event that the tour is cancelled due to inclement weather, you would be able to reschedule directly with the tour provider.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable walking shoes and clothes appropriate for the weather. Keep in mind, San Francisco weather is unpredictable. It is recommended to bring water, a jacket, sunglasses, and a camera.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed however, rescheduling is allowed with at least 72 hours notice. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of the experience.
How far is the hike?
Participants can expect to hike approximately 5 miles on the 2.5-hour tour.
How difficult is the hike?
This hike is considered moderate.
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity for your guide is not included, but is appreciated if you enjoy this experience.
Are restrooms available on the tour?
Yes, public restrooms are available during the tour.
Are there any age restrictions?
This tour is recommended for participants at least 13 years old. Younger children are welcome on the tour if the parents believe the children can maintain pace during a moderate to strenuous hike.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 104 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(37)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $220
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences
"This experience was given to my wife and I as a birthday gift. It took a while for us to arrange the scheduling, but once scheduled it went off exactly as planned. It was a great way to see the Presidio in San Francisco and get to know some pieces of Andy Goldsworthy's art. Although we have spent a moderate amount of time in San Francisco and more in the Bay Area, this was truly a unique experience and one that is highly recommended."