San Francisco, CA
Daily - Day & Night Tours available upon request
- Lead by San Francisco's original Segway Tour company who have been featured on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," the Los Angeles Times, About.com, and USA Today
- Relax and tour the city at your own pace with a customized private tour from your own personal guide
- Choose from three popular tour routes - Wharf, Waterfront & Hills, Golden Gate Park, or Night Tour of Chinatown, Little Italy & Bay Lights
Explore San Francisco in a whole new way on a memorable Private Segway Tour. The private Segway tour allows you and your party to tour at your own pace with more time and flexibility for stops and photos. You will have your own personal tour guide and customized rider training for your group.
Choose from 3 extended routes offered exclusively to private tour guests:
Wharf, Waterfront and Hills - Cruise through Aquatic Park to the end of Municipal Pier. See the San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, Coit Tower, the Bay Bridge and the San Francisco Bay, Pier 39, North Beach and Little Italy. You will also ride down Lombard Street, the "Crookedest" street in the world.
Golden Gate Park - This 7-mile tour route explores the eastern section of the park on winding trails and bike routes. Highlights include the Music Concourse and Temple of Music, the California Academy of Sciences and the deYoung Museum, the Japanese Tea Garden, the Conservatory of Flowers, San Francisco Botanical Gardens, the National Aid Memorial, the historic Carousel and Sharon Art Studio, Shakespeare Garden, hidden sights including the Lily Pond, Fern Grotto, Redwood Grove and more.
Night Tour of Chinatown, Little Italy & Bay Lights- Begin at the west end of Fisherman's Wharf and glide through North Beach, the neighborhood best known as Little Italy. Visit Chinatown and cruise past hidden alleys in the largest Chinese community outside of Asia. Enjoy romantic night views of the Ferry Building and the Bay Lights light sculpture that covers the Bay Bridge. Cruise past historic Piers along the Embarcadero, see Ghirardelli Square, view the National Maritime Museum and the fleet of historic sailing ships at Hyde Street Pier. Lastly, you'll be able to take in the nighttime views of the Alcatraz Lighthouse.
Segway is a registered trademark of Segway Inc.
- Must weigh between 100 and 250 pounds
- Participants must be ages 12 and guests under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Those concerned about mobility issues please call Cloud 9 Living to discuss, we want every rider to have a safe tour.
- Pregnant guests are not permitted on the tour.
- Participants must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail
- Expect to be standing for at least 2 hours
- Wear the helmet and safety vest that is provided with the tour.
- Tour participants will be required to sign a liability waiver
- Attendees must complete the Segway rider training and test ride
- Please respect road signs, pedestrians, bikes and cars for a safe enjoyable ride.
Approximately 3 hours
This is a private tour and can be booked for groups of 2 to 80. For additional pricing options, please contact Cloud 9 Living directly.
This experience is only for those booked on the tour.
This experience typically runs rain or shine, but in the event of severe weather conditions, it may be cancelled and you will be able to reschedule directly with the experience provider. Please contact your experience provider directly regarding weather.
What to Wear:
Participants should wear comfortable closed-toe flat shoes and certainly no high heels, sandals or flip flops. It is also recommended to wear an extra layer of warm, wind resistant clothing. Gloves are recommended during the winter months. With the chilly wind, wet fog and damp environment along the waterfront, shorts and a t-shirt are not a good idea. Each Segway has a small handlebar storage bag for cameras, light jackets and purses. Backpacks or bulky bags will not fit in the handlebar bags. Please leave bulky backpacks at home.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 7 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What is a Segway? How does it work?
The Segway Human Transporter is the first of its kind – a self-balancing, personal transportation device designed to go anywhere people do. Easy to use and operate, the two-wheeled Segway sports high-tech gyroscopes that monitor your balance 100 times a second and automatically respond to your body’s movements. To move forward, the rider simply leans forward. To stop or move backwards, the rider leans back slightly. The rider glides smoothly as the Segway senses where you want to go.
Are there any rider requirements?
All guests must be at least 12 years or older and weigh between 100 and 200 pounds. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian. Guests must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without any assistance, which requires similar physical abilities to climbing and descending stairs without assistance or use of a handrail. Pregnant guests are not permitted to participate due to fall risk. All guests must be able to stand on the Segway for up to 2 hours.
Does the tour make restroom stops?
There are restrooms at the start location. The tour will make at least one restroom stop on the tour after beginning training.
What should I wear?
It is cold and can be very windy in San Francisco. Dress comfortable and in layers. Highly recommended: Comfortable closed-toe flat shoes (no high heels, sandals, shape ups, z-coils or flip flops) and an extra layer of warm, wind resistant clothing. Gloves are recommended during the winter months.Each Segway has a very small handlebar storage bag for cameras, light jackets and purses.
Are gratuities included?
Gratuities are included as part of the ticket cost for private tours. Any additional guide gratuities are completely at the discretion of the guest and is always appreciated.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 106 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences