Race Boat Handling
Click here for schedule
- Your U.S. Sailing Certified School has been providing sailing instruction for over 27 years
- Instructors are national champions, America's Cup team members & offshore racing veterans
- Max crew of 4 per boat ensures personal instruction
- Provides you a comprehensive understanding of what it takes to get a boat around a course quickly.
Learn crucial skills necessary to progress your racing performance; including spinnaker and sail handling, crew communication, workflow analysis, mark roundings, and boat handling drills. Your coaches are experts on building competitive team members and competitive teams.
A maximum crew of 4 sailors per boat ensures you will stay busy, and since we rotate each team member through all the positions, you walk away with a comprehensive understanding of what it takes to get a boat around a course quickly.
Through your course, you will learn:
- Advanced Sail Trim
- Rig Tuning
- Asymmetrical Spinnakers
- Symmetrical Spinnakers
- Mark Roundings
- Boathandling Drills
- Shifting Gears
- Onboard Communication
- Tactical Theory
- Strategic concerns
- Hydrodynamic/Aerodynamic Relationships
- Participants must have completed a basic sailing course or feel comfortable sailing a small keel boat on your own
The class will last 2 days with 8 hours of instruction each day.
Up to 4 sailors per class
This experience is only for those in the class.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear layered clothing, bring rain gear, and wear light soft-soled shoes. In addition, it is recommended to bring a hat, sunglasses and sailing gloves.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 30 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 30 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 30 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 104 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(37)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $220
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences