Rafting - South Fork American
March - September:
Daily - 10:30 AM
- Tour provider has been guiding California whitewater rafting trips since 1978!
- All rafting guides are both highly trained and knowledgeable professionals
- Each trip includes a complete safety and paddle briefing, lunch, and all necessary equipment
- This is a rafting trip for everyone, no experience necessary!
This rafting experience is exciting and lots of fun, with many memorable rapids.
The river flows through the green and gold foothills of California's Gold Rush Country. While this trip is a great introduction to California rafting for beginners, it is exciting enough to lure many back, year after year.
The South Fork American River is suitable for nearly everyone, including families with kids from 8 years of age, corporate groups and youth groups.
You will meet at 10:30 AM and put-in at the Hwy 49 bridge for a 13 mile 1 day rafting adventure. The pace is fairly gentle to start, with some Class 2 rapids to warm up on.
Pull into camp for lunch and after a great spread prepared by your talented river guides, you will launch again and enter the steep granite canyon known as the 'Gorge'. The rapids occur frequently, with Fowler's Rock, the Class 3+ Satan's Cesspool, Bouncing Rock, Hospital Bar and numerous milder but fun rapids.
Your trip ends at Folsom Lake where you are served with ice cold drinks and then return to the meeting location, usually by 5:00 PM.
Escape the daily grind and spend the day on the river!
- All necessary rafting equipment, lunch and on-river transportation from various meeting locations and back to your vehicle will be provided
- The minimum age for this rafting trip is 8 years
Expect a full day of rafting, approximately 6 - 7 hours.
There is a limit of 6 people per raft plus the guide.
This experience is only for those booked on the rafting adventure.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Expect to get wet! Swimsuits and closed toe shoes are recommended. Wet suits and paddle jackets may be rented at time of check-in.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges or refunds are allowed. Cancellations made outside of 30 days of your trip will result in a $15 per person processing fee for each day. No cancellations or rescheduling can be done within 30 days prior to your experience.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 103 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(37)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4(11)From: $279
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $220
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences
"We had an awesome time!!! I have wanted to do this for a long time and I was not disappointed. I'm ready to go back and do the more adventurous rapids."
"Our white water guide, Eric was excellent! We had a great time!"
"What a rush and across the board a great experience from beginning to end!"