- Your U.S. Sailing Certified School has been providing sailing instruction for over 27 years
- Maximum of 4 sailors per boat, ensuring personal instruction
- Learn basic skills including sailing terminology, safety practices, tacking and gybing, sail trim, knots, and docking
- No prior sailing experience necessary
This weekend sailing class is an excellent introduction to sailing. With the short two-day format, we will introduce the sport of sailing and teach the fundamentals of sailing theory, including the basic maneuvers and seamanship.
You will learn on the J/80 sailboat, an extremely comfortable, safe, and modern sportboat. This class is for the beginner that wants a quick introduction to sailing on a weekend.
In this course, you will learn:
- Sailing terminology
- Points of sail
- Tacking and gybing
- Wind Awareness
- Sail trim
- Safety practices and equipment
No prior experience necessary. This course is also appropriate for those who have some experience, but are not comfortable sailing on their own. Must sign release of liability waiver.
2 days: 8 hours each day
Up to 4 sailors per class
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear layered clothing, bring rain gear, and wear light soled shoes. In addition, it is recommended to bring a hat, sunglasses and sailing gloves.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 30 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 30 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 30 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other San Francisco Experiences:(View all 86 San Francisco experiences)
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseFrom: $70Avg Rating of: 5(14)
- Learn to Fly Big SurFrom: $305Avg Rating of: 3-half(5)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Gourmet Chocolate TourFrom: $70Avg Rating of: 5(7)
- Champagne Brunch CruiseFrom: $110Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseFrom: $155Avg Rating of: 4(6)
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate TourFrom: $95Avg Rating of: 5(7)
- Napa Food TourFrom: $89Avg Rating of: 4-half(13)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(33)
- All San Francisco Experiences
- Gift Certificates