- Your U.S. Sailing Certified School has been providing sailing instruction for over 27 years
- Maximum of 4 sailors per boat, ensuring personal instruction
- Learn basic skills including sailing terminology, safety practices, tacking and gybing, sail trim, knots, and docking
- No prior sailing experience necessary!
This weekend sailing class is an excellent introduction to sailing. With the short 2-day format, you will be introduced to the sport of sailing and taught the fundamentals of sailing theory, including basic maneuvers and seamanship.
You will learn on the J/80 sailboat, an extremely comfortable, safe and modern sportboat. This class is for the beginner that wants a quick introduction to sailing on a weekend.
In this course, you will learn:
- Sailing terminology
- Points of sail
- Tacking and gybing
- Wind Awareness
- Sail trim
- Safety practices and equipment
You'll gain extensive hands-on experience, building the sailing skills and knowledge to pursue sailing endeavors on your own, with confidence!
- No prior experience necessary
- Also appropriate for those who have some experience, but are not comfortable sailing on their own
- Must sign release of liability waiver
- Requires at least 2 participants to run
2 days: 8 hours each day
There will be a maximum of 4 participants per class.
This experience is only for those in the class.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear layered clothing, bring rain gear, and wear light soled shoes. In addition, it is recommended to bring a hat, sunglasses and sailing gloves.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 30 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 30 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 30 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 99 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 4-half(34)
- Learn to Fly Big SurFrom: $279Avg Rating of: 4(7)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Gourmet Chocolate TourFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 5(6)
- Champagne Brunch CruiseFrom: $97Avg Rating of: 5(10)
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseFrom: $156Avg Rating of: 4(18)
- America's Cup SailingFrom: $140Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourFrom: $85Avg Rating of: 5(4)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395
- All San Francisco Experiences