North Bay Air Museum at Sonoma Valley Airport - Sonoma, CA
April through Early-November:
Thursday through Monday - 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Mid-November through March:
Saturday and Sunday - 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Pilots have over 85 combined years of flying experience and are extremely knowledgeable and passionate about vintage aircraft
- Ride in a beautifully restored P40 Warkhawk with real combat history
- Enjoy amazing views of the stunning Northern California countryside
- With only 25 of these historic planes left, this is truly a rare treat for history buffs and aviation enthusiasts alike!
Strap in and take a journey back in time as you soar through the sky on this beautifully restored P40 Warhawk. With only 25 of these planes left in existence, this is truly an experience to remember.
As you race down the runway, imagine yourself as one of the infamous WWII fighter pilots in hot pursuit of your enemy. Feel the rush of soaring through the abundant blue skies of Sonoma Valley and soak in the breathtaking views of its famous rolling hills and vineyards.
Before, during, and after, your friendly and knowledgeable pilot will be happy to answer any and all questions about this WWII era aircraft.
About the P40 Warhawk:
For this experience, you will fly in a vintage P40 Warkhawk that has real combat history! Originally flown by Major Ray Melikian in the South Pacific during WWII, this plane was meticulously restored over a period of 8 years. Standing the test of time, this P40 is one of the last of its kind. Don't miss out on your opportunity to fly in a true American treasure!
- Children must be at least 40 inches tall and children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult
Approximately 20, 40 or 60 minutes of flight time, depending on the option selected.
1 passenger per plane
There is a picnic area for family and friends to watch the take-off and landing.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. We recommend dressing in layers and avoiding windbreakers as they tend to fill with air. A cloth flying helmet and ear plugs are provided. If you would like to take a camera on board, please make sure it has a strap (leash) to secure around your wrist or neck.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is it safe?
Safety is always a priority. Each aircraft is meticulously restored and maintained to meet the highest FAA maintenance standards. This aircraft is approved through the FAA's Living History Flight Experience.
What if my flight is cancelled for weather?
Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. If your flight is cancelled for weather, you will reschedule directly with the pilot.
Can I bring a camera or camcorder?
Yes, but your camera must have a strap. A camera with a wide angle or panoramic lens is best, but even a throw away camera will capture this unforgettable experience. A camcorder is ok as long as it is one of the smaller hand held types.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 103 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(37)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4(11)From: $279
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $220
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences