Sea Kayaking Skills & Safety
Santa Clara, CA & Larkspur, CA
*Dates for this experience are typically subject to change or availability. Please contact Cloud 9 Living for further information regarding availability at 866-525-6839.
- Learn from experienced instructors who know the ins and out of the sport
- Master basic skills and techniques in calm and tranquil waters
- Build confidence by practicing various skills and techniques from paddling and capsizing to stopping floods and re-entering!
Embark into the wonderful world of sea kayaking by learning the essential skills for paddling and safety so you can continue to explore with this graceful form of travel.
Your comprehensive course takes place on calm water and covers equipment, strokes, bracing, re-entries and paddling technique.
Get ready to enjoy a 6-hour day on the water and leave with the confidence and skill level to get out and sea kayak on your own.
What to Bring:
- Wear synthetic, wool, or silk clothing (shirt, pants, fleece top or sweater, & gloves). Please do not wear any cotton.
- Warm Hat
- Booties, water shoes, or sneakers with wool or synthetic socks
- Consider bringing a tip for your instructor / guide for exceptional service
Level: Recommended for beginners
- Spray skirts
- Paddle jackets
- First Aid and safety equipment
- Experienced, friendly guides
Group size may vary.
This experience is only for those booked for the lesson.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear synthetic, wool, or silk clothing, swimsuit, shirt, shorts, jacket, and a warm cap. Do not wear cotton. We also recommend bringing sunscreen, sunglasses and water shoes or sport sandals.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 106 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences