San Francisco, CA
April - October:
Daily - 7:30 PM
November - March:
Thursday through Sunday - 5:00 PM
- San Francisco's original Segway Tour company has been featured inUSA Today
and the L.A. Times
- See fabulous night views of the new Bay Lights installation, the Transamerica Pyramid, Coit Tower and the Ferry Building
- Go ahead and admit it - you know you want to ride a Segway!
Cruise around on a Segway tour at night and explore San Francisco as you've never seen it before.
After a 45-50 minute training session on how to safely operate the Segway, you will explore on a fully narrated tour of Chinatown, Little Italy, the Embarcadero and more. Your Segway tour at night will feature the following highlights (subject to change):
- North Beach, also known as San Francisco's Little Italy
- Washington Square Park
- Romantic views of the Ferry Building and the Bay Lights, a light sculpture that covers the Bay Bridge
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Ghiradelli Square
- National Maritime Museum
- Take in the nighttime views of the Alcatraz Lighthouse
Segway is a registered trademark of Segway Inc.
- Participants must be 12 years of age or older
- Must weigh between 100 and 250 pounds
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Pregnant guests are not permitted on the tour.
- If you are concerned about mobility issues please call Cloud 9 Living to discuss, we want every rider to have a safe tour.
- Must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail.
- Participants must be willing to stand for at least 2 hours.
- Tour participants must wear the helmet and safety vest that is provided.
- Participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon check-in.
- Complete the Segway rider training and test ride.
- Please respect road signs, pedestrians, bikes and cars for a safe enjoyable ride.
Approximately 2.5 hours
You will be accompanied by other tour participants with a maximum of 10 per tour. For groups larger than 4, please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience typically runs rain or shine, but in the event of severe weather conditions, it may be cancelled. Please contact your experience provider directly regarding weather.
What to Wear:
Participants should wear comfortable closed-toe flat shoes and certainly no high heels, sandals or flip flops. It is also recommended to wear an extra layer of warm, wind resistant clothing. Gloves are recommended during the winter months. With the chilly wind, wet fog and damp environment along the waterfront, shorts and a t-shirt are not a good idea. Each Segway has a small handlebar storage bag for cameras, light jackets and purses. Backpacks or bulky bags will not fit in the handlebar bags. Please leave bulky backpacks at home.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance of intended date of use.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 7 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
What is a Segway? How does it work?
The Segway Human Transporter is the first of its kind - a self-balancing, personal transportation device designed to go anywhere people do. Easy to use and operate, the two-wheeled Segway sports high-tech gyroscopes that monitor your balance 100 times a second and automatically respond to your body's movements. To move forward, the rider simply leans forward. To stop or move backwards, the rider leans back slightly. The rider glides smoothly as the Segway senses where you want to go. The Lean Steer i2 Segways are used on this tour.
Are there any rider requirements?
All guests must be age 12 or older and weigh at least 100 lbs. and under 250 lbs. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian. Guests must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without any assistance, which requires similar physical abilities to climbing and descending stairs without assistance or use of a handrail. Pregnant guests are not permitted to participate due to fall risk. All guests must be able to stand on the Segway for up to 2 hours.
What should I wear? I've heard it is cold in San Francisco during the Summer.
It can be cold in San Francisco! Dress comfortable and in layers. Highly recommended: Comfortable closed toe flat shoes (no high heels, sandals, shape ups, z-coils or flip flops) and an extra layer of warm, wind resistant clothing. Gloves are recommended during the winter months. With the chilly wind, wet fog and damp environment along the waterfront shorts and a t-shirt are NOT a good fashion idea. Each Segway has a very small handlebar storage bag for cameras, light jackets and purses. Backpacks or bulky bags will not fit in the handlebar bags. Please leave bulky backpacks at home.
What if it's foggy or rainy the day of my tour?
San Francisco is famous for the fog! Segway tours run fog, light rain or shine. We always suggest multiple layers of warm clothing for any San Francisco activity. Summer afternoons can be in the 50's. Rain gear is available for those infrequent rainy days. Segways are designed to run in any weather. In the rare case of a tour cancellation due to a severe rain, you will be able to reschedule directly with the experience provider.
Is guide gratuity included in the tour price?
Guide gratuities are not included in the tour price and are completely at the discretion of the guest. Similar to service businesses all over the United States, gratuities are a small part of the compensation the staff receives. If you choose to give your guide a gratuity, it would be much appreciated.
Does the tour make restroom stops?
There are restrooms at the start location. The tour will make at least one restroom stop on the tour after beginning training.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 106 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences