Departing from San Francisco, CA
Daily - 7:00 AM
- Tour provider has been featured inSF Weekly,The Examinerand are a member of the San Francisco Travel Association
- Yosemite National Park is one of the first wilderness parks in the U.S. and is renowned for its waterfalls, deep valleys, grand meadows and ancient Sequoias
- Unlike other larger tour companies in the area, you will be riding in either a luxury minibus or van
- Explore Yosemite's amazing sites and if it is weather permitting, take a hike (2 miles round-trip) to the Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias
- Maximize your time in the park so you can see all the area's breathtaking sites!
Prepare to see more breathtaking views in one day than most people see in a year!
Yosemite National Park and the foothills surrounding it provide some of the most striking and scenic landscapes in the country. Throughout this tour you'll take in sites that may include El Capitan, Half Dome, Yosemite Falls, Bridalveil Falls, Inspiration Point (aka Tunnel View) and Yosemite Village.
You'll also drive to a higher altitude to visit a lesser-traveled part of the park for a chance to hike in the evergreen forest and see a grove of Giant Sequoia trees, the world's largest living things (weather permitting).
A general itinerary of this tour includes (subject to change):
- Hotel pick up in downtown San Fran, Fisherman's Wharf, West Oakland Bart station or Dublin/Pleasanton Bart station
- Descend into the San Joaquin valley and stop for a snack
- Begin the climb into the foothills of the Sierra Nevada range, through gold country and approaching Yosemite
- Take in views of Bridalveil Falls, El Capitan, Inspiration Point, Half Dome, Yosemite Falls and more
- Spend time exploring Yosemite Valley or just relax in the park for a bit
- Return to San Francisco with complimentary hotel drop-off
- Your guide will provide narration in English but audio tours in various foreign languages are available upon request
- Includes hotel pick-up and drop-off from hotels in the Downtown and Fisherman's Wharf area
- Park entrance fee of $10 is included in the cost of the tour
- Meals are not included in the price of this experience
- Route and itinerary are subject to change due to weather, road and trail conditions
- Children under the age of 8 must be secured in a car seat or booster seat in the back seat due to CA law. Children under the age of 8 who are 4'9" or taller may be secured by a safety belt in the back seat.
- Participants are required to provide their own child seat if needed
Approximately 14 hours
You may be accompanied by 13-36 passengers depending upon tour vehicle used. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent, please contact your experience provider with any questions or concerns regarding weather.
What to Wear:
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing appropriate for the season, preferably layered clothing. In the summer months, it is recommended to bring suntan lotion and water. For tours taking place October through May, it is best to dress for winter and wear shoes or boots with rubber soles and tread are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience, subject to a $35 fee per booking. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule within 72 hours of your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Can we bring food on the tour?
Yes, you may pack food or a lunch for during the tour. On the way to Yosemite the bus will stop at a grocery store, and you will have time in the park to visit a restaurant if desired.
How much time will be spent in the park?
Maximum time spent inside Yosemite Park is 5-6 hours.
Are park fees included in the price?
Yes, the package price does include the Yosemite Park entrance fee of $10.
How far from San Francisco is Yosemite National Park?
Yosemite National Park is approximately 4.5 hours east of San Francisco.
Will we see the Giant Sequoias?
The Giant Sequoias hike on this tour is dependent on trail conditions and weather. Please be advised that weather, road and trail conditions in the winter make it less likely that you will be able to enter Tuolomne Grove to see the Giant Sequoias. Safety is the number one priority, so the route and itinerary may be changed due to snow depth, road conditions, construction projects and detours. Note that winter in Yosemite might extend from October into April.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 104 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $60
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $90
- All San Francisco Experiences