Salinas Municipal Airport - Salinas, CA
Monterey Peninsula Airport - Monterey, CA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Ride in a Cessna 172 with a FAA Certified Pilot from Northern California's leading flight school
- Fly above California's legendary Big Sur coastline, arguably the most beautiful line of coastal beaches and cliffs in the U.S.
- Get a bird's eye view of ocean life below and sites such as the Monterey Peninsula, Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park and more!
- Would you rather experience a hands-on flight lesson? Check out our Learn to Fly Big Sur experience
Climb in a Cessna 172 with a FAA Certified Pilot and experience the unforgettable views of the amazing Big Sur coastline!
Your scenic adventure will start with views of the Monterey Peninsula and continue on to the famous Pebble Beach golf course and 17 mile drive.
Next, soak in the views as you fly over Carmel, Point Lobos and the dramatic Big Sur coast with its mountains dropping straight into the sea. If you're lucky, you might even spot whales or dolphins below in the wild Pacific.
Soon you'll spot Point Sur Lighthouse on it's lonely rock outcrop attached to the mainland by a sandbar. You may even see a colony of sea lions or seals resting along the coast.
Lastly, you'll head back through the spectacular mountains of Big Sur, crossing Carmel Valley with its farm fields and the Salinas River below you.
Prepare yourself for an experience you'll remember for a lifetime!
- No experience necessary
- Maximum individual participant weight is 250 pounds
- Combined weight for all participants cannot exceed 500 pounds
- All passengers must bring a valid government issued form of ID
Approximately 2 hours total approximately 1.5 hour flight time.
2 or 3 participants depending upon option selected. However, the total weight of all participants must not exceed 500 pounds.
Spectators may go to the airport to watch or take pictures of take-off or landing.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Closed-toe shoes, and sunglasses are highly recommended. Also, don't forget to bring a camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed with at least 72 hours notice to your experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other San Jose Gift Ideas:(View all 39 San Jose experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $279
- Learn to Fly Bay TourAvg Rating of: 3-half(3)From: $279
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $239
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $160
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $100
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Zipline AdventureAvg Rating of: 4(3)From: $90
- Zipline and Moaning Cavern AdventureFrom: $175
- All San Jose Experiences