Group Surfing Class
April - October on Saturday and Sundays, 9:00am-4:00pm depending on availability.
- Learn from experienced local surf instructors trained in life saving and CPR
- Surf Northern California's best beginner spots
- Classes are limited to 3 to 6 people to ensure personal attention
- For beginners and first time surfers; this is a perfect experience for families & friends
Tired from a long week at work and feel like getting out? Paddle out with us for a fun weekend of surfing lessons, and open the door to the exciting world of surfing.
These classes are designed for beginners and first time surfers, and will focus on surfing rules, safety, paddling, and wave riding fundamentals. Class size is limited to 3 to 6 people to ensure you receive the personal attention you need to develop your surfing skills.
This is the ultimate learning experience for those who want to experience the amazing world of surfing!
Equipment rental is an additional $40 for 3 hours or $50 all day, and is to be paid when checking in. Equipment rental package includes board, wetsuit and booties.
Group classes catered to teens and adults. Call Cloud 9 Living for information on kids classes.
Up to 5 people per class
Allowed, just come to the surf store with the participant. From there you will receive directions from the instructor as to which part of the beach the lesson will take place.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear your bathing suit and bring a towel and change of clothes. Also, bring a wetsuit if you have one; if not, one can be provided at an additional cost.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 7 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Will I be cold if I try surfing in the winter? And how cold does it get?
Most people are surprised by how warm they feel in the winter with a good wetsuit and boots. The water temperature doesn't change much from summer to winter. The average summer water temp is about 56-58 degrees, whereas the average winter water temp is about 53-55 degrees. The coldest it gets is about 48 degrees and that's almost always in the spring when the NW winds are the strongest. The water temperatures are usually warmest in July or August, after a long stretch of high overcast skies and glassy conditions. Summer water temps can reach 60 degrees.
Is there anything I can do to prepare for surfing?
Yes. Lie on the ground as if you were lying on a surfboard and try to jump to your feet, keeping your hands on the ground. You want your front foot to land in between your hands. Push-ups are good to build strength, and yoga is good for flexibility and body awareness.
Can I surf with contact lenses?
Yes, in fact, our instructor uses contacts every time he surfs. It would be difficult to catch waves without them. Generally, contacts are only lost when eyes are opened under water.
Other San Jose Gift Ideas:(View all 39 San Jose experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $279
- Learn to Fly Bay TourAvg Rating of: 3-half(3)From: $279
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $239
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $160
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $100
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Zipline AdventureAvg Rating of: 4(3)From: $90
- Zipline and Moaning Cavern AdventureFrom: $175
- All San Jose Experiences