Intro to Rock Climbing
Castle Rock State Park, CA, Mount Tamalpais, CA
Click Here for Schedule
Get vertical in the world of climbing and enjoy the outdoors from a whole new perspective.
- Professional guides, safety first and 21 years of teaching experience
- Great for a total beginner, an intermediate gym climber or those looking for a refresher
- Personable guides teach you safety, technique, equipment, knots and how to belay
- A day outdoors with plenty of climbing and a new outlet to work both the body and mind
Getting vertical in the world of climbing is like nothing else!
There are so many different climbs out there that can accommodate all levels of experience, so rest assured, there is a climb just waiting for you!
This adventure is great for the total beginner looking to learn new skills, an intermediate gym climber or someone looking for a refresher. Throughout the day, your expert instructor will guide you and provide lots of climbing time in a safe environment.
By the end of the course you will be fully versed in safety, technique, equipment and belaying. Have a blast!
What to Bring:
- 2-3 quarts of water
- Food (sandwich, fruit, energy bars)
- Retainer straps for glasses
- Medium size backpack to carry your items
- Consider bringing a tip for your instructor / guide for exceptional service
Level: Recommended for beginners or people with limited indoor climbing experience.
No experience necessary. All necessary climbing and safety equipment is provided.
6 hours. 9:00 AM to approximately 3:00 PM.
Group size varies
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing good for hot and cooler weather and shoes or boots with good traction.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other San Jose Gift Ideas:(View all 39 San Jose experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $279
- Learn to Fly Bay TourAvg Rating of: 3-half(3)From: $279
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $239
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $160
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $100
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Zipline AdventureAvg Rating of: 4(3)From: $90
- Zipline and Moaning Cavern AdventureFrom: $175
- All San Jose Experiences