Salinas Municipal Airport - Salinas, CA
Monterey Peninsula Airport - Monterey, CA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Learn to fly aboard a Cessna 172 - one of the world's finest training aircrafts
- Fly above California's legendary Big Sur coastline, arguably the most scenic section of coastal beaches and cliffs in the U.S.
- Get a bird's eye view of sites such as the Monterey Peninsula, Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park and more!
- Learn from FAA certified flight instructors from Northern California's leading flight school with over 50 years experience of training
- Would you prefer to sit back and relax and enjoy the sights? Check out our Big Sur Scenic Flight!
Looking for the gift that will be cherished for a lifetime? Look no more. Our Learn to Fly experience is the perfect gift for anyone in your life who has always dreamed of flying.
You'll be flying aboard a Cessna 172 with a FAA Certified Instructor at your side. You'll start with a guided tour of the airplane and its controls before taking off for a beautiful flight along the Big Sur coastline.
You'll experience and learn how to manage complex airspace, learn about aircraft flight and have a chance to take the controls yourself.
Your 1.5-hour flight will start with beautiful views of Monterey Bay. Then you'll follow the lovely beaches to the Monterey Peninsula and take in views of the historic Pebble Beach golf course and 17 mile drive.
Then fly over Carmel, Point Lobos and the dramatic Big Sur coast with its mountains dropping straight into the sea. If you're lucky you might even spot whales or dolphins below in the Pacific.
Soon you'll spot Pt. Sur Lighthouse on its lonely rock outcrop attached to the mainland just by a sandbar. Along the beach you might see sea lions or seal resting.
Then you'll head back through the spectacular mountains of Big Sur, crossing Carmel Valley with its farm fields and the Salinas River.
You can bring up to one or two friends depending upon the flight option selected (weight limits permitting) and your tour can be customized to your wishes.
So prepare for an unforgettable experience, and come learn to fly!
- No experience necessary
- Maximum individual participant weight is 250 pounds
- Combined weight for 1 student and 1 or 2 passengers cannot exceed 500 pounds
Approximately 2 hour total with 30 minutes of ground instruction and approximately 1.5 hour flight time.
1 student and up to 2 passengers depending upon option selected; however, the total weight of both the student and the passengers must be no more than 500 lbs.
Depending upon option selected, students may bring up bring along 1 or 2 passengers aboard the plane for the flight (weight permitting), otherwise additional spectators may come to the airport to watch or take pictures of take-off or landing.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions, closed-toe shoes, and sunglasses are highly recommended. Also, don't forget to bring a camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed with at least 72 hours notice to your experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other San Jose Gift Ideas:(View all 40 San Jose experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $279
- Learn to Fly Bay TourAvg Rating of: 3-half(3)From: $279
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $239
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $165
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $102
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Zipline AdventureAvg Rating of: 4(3)From: $90
- Zipline and Moaning Cavern AdventureFrom: $175
- All San Jose Experiences
"The pilot, Gordon, was excellent!!! He took his time and was very through in the pre-flight walk-through. He was extremely attentive in making sure the right-seat passenger was doing OK, understood the workings of the plane, radio and navigation, and was having an overall good experience. I would definitely recommend Cloud 9 Living for this Big Sur flight experience and highly recommend requesting Gordon as the pilot. You will not be disappointed. "
"It was an awesome experience. "
"Excellent guide and instructor."