Daily during the dry season, typically May - December.
- Perfect for adventurers looking for more than just a "walk" through the cave
- Complete with a hardhat with lights, gloves and coveralls
- All tight crawl ways and squeezes are optional
- Follow in the footsteps of visitors like Mark Twain and John Muir as you explore these underground wonders
- Unforgettable experience for families, kids & adults looking for adventure!
In 1849, Captain Joseph Taylor was target practicing on a rocky outcropping and noticed that his targets were being moved by a breeze which seemed to emanate from the rocks. When the Captain investigated this curious phenomenon, he discovered the entrance to a cave which he named Mammoth Cave.
Shortly later, this amazing natural phenomenon was opened to the public for tours, making it the first show cave in California.
For over 150 years, visitors have enjoyed the unique and delicate beauty of the cavern's crystalline formations.
On this adventure, you'll suit up with coveralls, gloves and a hardhat with lights to explore the historic "Mammoth Cave" area and the "Jungle Room". You'll walk, crawl, wiggle and squirm through natural passages connecting thirteen spectacular chambers.
Prepare for an underground adventure you'll never forget!
Participants must be at least 8 years old, and minors must be accompanied by an adult.
All tight crawl ways and squeezes are optional.
2 - 3 hours
9 per tour
This experience is only for those participating.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
You will be provided all necessary caving equipment, including gloves, helmet with light, and coveralls. Wear a long sleeve shirt, rugged, loose fitting pants avoid clothes that absorb water and sturdy shoes that have traction soles.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, you may reschedule your experience up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
What time of year is this experience available?
This experience is only available during the dry season, to ensure there is not excessive water in the cave. Although the dry season ranges, it the Mammoth Cave typically is open May through January.
Is there a minimum age?
Participants must be at least 8 years of age, and if a minor they must be accompanied by an adult.
Other San Jose Gift Ideas:(View all 39 San Jose experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $279
- Learn to Fly Bay TourAvg Rating of: 3-half(3)From: $279
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $239
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $160
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $100
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Zipline AdventureAvg Rating of: 4(3)From: $90
- Zipline and Moaning Cavern AdventureFrom: $175
- All San Jose Experiences