Napa Valley, CA
Daily - Sunrise
- Award winning hot air balloon operator with over 28 years experience, and FAA certified pilots & balloons
- Featured on NBC's Today Show and the Oprah Winfrey Show
- Embrace the serenity as you float effortlessly thousands of feet above the ground
- Capture the memory forever with an in-flight photo
- Enjoy a traditional champagne toast upon landing!
Your experience begins at dawn with a quick breakfast and a brief pilot orientation. You'll then be taken to the day's launch site where you'll be greeted by a bustle of activity - the hum of inflator fans, the lively colors of state-of-the-art balloons, and the roar of the burners.
Then it's time for lift off! Gently, the balloon lifts into the early morning breeze that ushers you above corridors of grapes and between the mountains of one of the most magnificent valleys on earth. Aloft and floating on a sea of tranquility, you will experience the spirit of flight.
Above it all, your experienced and knowledgeable pilot will welcome questions and serve as your guide for points of local interest and the Valley's extraordinary beauty.
Once you're back on the ground, your flight will be celebrated with Napa Valley's finest sparkling wines at your delicious Champagne breakfast.
The memories from this experience will last a lifetime!
- Participants must be at least 5 years of age and be at least 48 inches tall
- Children must be accompanied by a legal guardian
- There is a weight limit of 275 lbs per individual
- Because the basket is designed for a limited number of passengers, individuals weighing more than 250 lbs must contact Cloud 9 Living for specific details; additional charges may apply
- Expecting mothers are not permitted to fly
- In-flight photo is included
4-5 hours total with approx. 1 hour of flight time.
The balloon baskets are certified to carry 6, 12 or 16 passengers, although they are rarely full to capacity to leave space for added comfort.
Spectators are allowed but arrangements must be made with your experience provider prior to your flight.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and shoes you can wear in a field or vineyard. We also recommend dressing in layers and bringing sunglasses, a brimmed hat, and don't forget your camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 2 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, you may reschedule with your experience provider a minimum of 72 hours prior to your scheduled flight. In the event your flight is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will have the option of rescheduling your flight or exchanging for another experience through Cloud 9 Living.
Why do you fly so early in the morning?
Balloons fly best in cool, calm, stable air which in Napa is usually just after sunrise.
What are hot air balloons made of?
The envelope is typically constructed with fire-treated nylon or dacron that meet specific manufacturer requirements. This material is lightweight but very strong. The baskets are made of rattan, each one individually woven by hand onto a rigid frame.
How high do balloons fly?
Most balloonists enjoy low-level flight. The typical balloon flight would be anywhere from tree level to approximately 2,000 ft.
How is the balloon steered?
The balloon is not "steered" in the conventional sense. The balloon moves with the direction of the wind. However, winds tend to stratify in differing directions and altitudes. A balloonist uses these varying currents to guide the balloon to an appropriate landing site.
Does it get cold in the balloon? What should I wear?
The coldest part of your morning will be on the ground! Come dressed in comfortable layered clothing. Walking shoes and a hat are also recommended and of course don't forget your camera.
Is ballooning safe?
Yes, statistically flight is the safest form of transportation and ballooning is statistically the safest form of flight. Our experience provider has skilled and experienced pilots with impeccable safety records so you are in good hands.
Do passengers ever get sick?
No, becuase the balloon moves at the same speed and direction as the wind, passengers experience no sense of motion.
Is breakfast served?
Upon arrival at check-in, enjoy a Continental Breakfast of coffee, pastries, cereal, fruit and juice. Then, upon landing, enjoy a traditional champagne toast.
Other San Jose Gift Ideas:(View all 37 San Jose experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $279
- Learn to Fly Bay TourAvg Rating of: 3-half(3)From: $279
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $215
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $160
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $100
- Zipline AdventureAvg Rating of: 4(3)From: $90
- Zipline and Moaning Cavern AdventureFrom: $175
- Fighter Pilot for a DayAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $1,395
- All San Jose Experiences
"This was an awesome experience, I highly recommend this service!"
"My experience was amazing. The view from our hot air balloon was so beautiful and the pilot was incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. Honestly, the experience was so wonderful it's almost indescribable. I would highly recommend it to anyone, and hope that I get the opportunity to go again!"
"We ended up appearing a DAY EARLY for our reservation, and there were no cancellations, so we had to return the following day. This was partially our fault, since I said up front that I wanted to book for SATURDAY THE 28TH! Saturday was obviously the 27th, but no one from cloud 9 OR Napa Valley Balloons picked up on it,and we wasted time and fuel for nothing. As far as the professionalism, courtesy, and friendliness of all personnel involved, the experience was very good."