Sonoma Valley Airport - Sonoma, CA
Saturdays and Sundays Walk-in Appointments from 10:30 AM to 3:30 PM
April through Early-November:
Monday, Thursday, and Fridays - 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Pilots have over 85 combined years of flying experience
- A meticulously-restored North American AT-6 WWII advanced fighter-pilot trainer
- Magnificent views of the stunning Northern California countryside
- Experience the aerial adventure of a lifetime
This dual-controlled, advanced trainer will give you a personal peek into how fighter pilots of the 1940's trained for their historic WWII careers!
Climbing up a wing into the cockpit, settle carefully into your chute and bucket seat. With a flip of the ignition switch, the prop begins to turn, the 600HP radial engine pops, sputters and roars into life!
The Texan leaps forward and down the runway you race to meet your destiny, climbing, diving and rolling around cotton-puff clouds, in the wild, blue, Sonoma sky.
Feel the G forces during your Warbird adventure fight as you carve up the sky with some high powered flying. Experience the unique sound, smell, and feel of a genuine ex-Airforce supercharged fighter trainer. Feel what it is like to maneuver a military aircraft to the edge of the envelope.
The 20 minute flight takes you over the breathtaking fields and vineyards of Sonoma and the Napa Valley where, from just a few hundred feet above the ground, you can appreciate the rolling hills and acres of green pastures.
The 40 minute flight offers 3 scenic routes (weather dependent):
- The Wine Country Tour - Catch an Eagle's view of a world renowned vineyards of the Sonoma and Napa Valleys, heading east across the bucolic Cameros region to Napa, turn north to St. Helena, west to Glen Ellen the back south through the lush Sonoma Valley. Grapes galore.
- West to the Pacific - Fly over rolling hills and open pastures of Sonoma, Novato, and Petaluma; then head out to the Tomales Bay and absorb the majestic magnificence of the Pacific Ocean.
- Spires of the City - Drift south towards San Francisco. A panoramic outlook of the Sausalito and Tiburon Harbors; outlying views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the Marin Headlands, the circle Mt. Tamalpais en route to Point Reyes and your safe Sonoma return.
World War II cadets flew in a series of three aircraft: Primary, Basic and Advanced trainers. The North American AT-6 (Texan or SNJ-4) was an Advanced Trainer designed to give cadets a taste for the higher speeds and more complex systems of fighters, bombers, and transport aircraft.
You will be flying in a restored SNJ-4.
Flying low over the surrounding hills gives the passenger a feel for the speed and excitement of WWII military flying.
Children must be at least 40 inches tall and children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
20, 30, 40 or 60 minutes of flight time options
1 passenger per plane
Certainly, there is a picnic area for you to observe from.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. We recommend dressing in layers and avoiding windbreakers as they tend to fill with air. A cloth flying helmet and ear plugs are provided. If you would like to take a camera on board, please make sure it has a strap (leash) to secure around your wrist or neck.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
Is it safe?
Safety is always a priority. For 30 years we have maintained a perfect flying safety record and each aircraft is maintained to meet the highest FAA maintenance standards.
Can I bring a camera or camcorder?
Yes! But your camera MUST have a strap. A camera with a wide-angle or panoramic lens is best, but even a throw-away camera will capture this unforgettable experience. A camcorder is OK as long as it is one of the smaller hand held types.
Other San Jose Gift Ideas:(View all 39 San Jose experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $279
- Learn to Fly Bay TourAvg Rating of: 3-half(3)From: $279
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $239
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $160
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $100
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Zipline AdventureAvg Rating of: 4(3)From: $90
- Zipline and Moaning Cavern AdventureFrom: $175
- All San Jose Experiences