Santa Cruz, CA
April through Mid-November:
Fridays & Sundays - 2:25 PM
- Learn about the history of this city as you stroll through Mission Hill Historic District, past elegant Victorians on Walnut Avenue and explore the downtown central district
- Enjoy 5 delicious tastings at specialty food shops and restaurants
- Great for both visitors and locals looking to experience their city from a new perspective!
Taste your way through downtown Santa Cruz and learn about its culture and history on this Santa Cruz Food Tour. You'll explore some great Santa Cruz eateries and get a glimpse into local history, culture, and architecture.
Starting in Downtown Santa Cruz, you will explore the Mission Hill Historic District, Victorian-lined Walnut Avenue, and the downtown central district.
Your friendly and knowledgeable tour guide will take you to enjoy 5 delicious food tastings in out-of-the-way places and explore history and architecture in hidden neighborhoods. Some of the tasting hotspots in the historic district may include: Assembly Restaurant, Penny Ice Creamery, and Surfrider Cafe.
Tour includes tastings at:
- An organic scratch-made ice creamery
- Award-winning local micro-brewed beer
- Organic and seasonal cupcakes and frostings
- Estate bottle European olive oil and balsamic vinegars
- Mediterranean eatery with the best pizza in town
- Rustic California farm to table cuisine
- Participants are encouraged to bring water in a refillable bottle for the tour
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included and is appreciated if you enjoy the tour
- Participants will be required to walk 1.8 miles on relatively flat terrain with one hill
3.5 hours; 1.8 mile walk
up to 12
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is not weather dependent and is held rain or shine regardless of weather conditions. Always contact your experience provider with any questions about weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for walking and weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 3 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and have received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and no rescheduling or cancellations will be allowed.
Other San Jose Gift Ideas:(View all 39 San Jose experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $279
- Learn to Fly Bay TourAvg Rating of: 3-half(3)From: $279
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $239
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $165
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $102
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Zipline AdventureAvg Rating of: 4(3)From: $90
- Zipline and Moaning Cavern AdventureFrom: $175
- All San Jose Experiences
"My wife and I opted for the Santa Cruz food tour because, though I've lived near the Monterey Bay all my life, I've never really taken time to explore Santa Cruz. And, well, we both love food. Turns out, this was the ideal experience. Our guide, Brion, was thoroughly knowledgeable about the history, architecture, and food of Santa Cruz, and we loved every stop along the way. I wound up tasting five and six menu items I never would have selected on my own...and loving each one. Stellar walking tour, engaging guide, wonderful culinary experiences--what's not to like?"
"Brian and Terry were fun and friendly. The tour and stops were informative and delicious!!"