- Learn about the history of this city as you stroll through Mission Hill Historic District, past elegant Victorians on Walnut Avenue and explore the downtown central district
- Enjoy 5 delicious tastings at specialty food shops and restaurants
- Great for both visitors and locals looking to experience their city from a new perspective
Taste your way through downtown Santa Cruz and learn about its culture and history on this Santa Cruz Food Tour. You'll explore some great Santa Cruz eateries and get a glimpse into local history, culture, and architecture.
Starting in Downtown Santa Cruz, you will explore the Mission Hill Historic District, Victorian-lined Walnut Avenue, and the downtown central district.
Your friendly and knowledgeable tour guide will take you to enjoy 5 delicious food tastings in out-of-the-way places and explore history and architecture in hidden neighborhoods. Some of the tasting hotspots in the historic district may include: Malabar Restaurant, Penny Ice Creamery, and Surfrider Cafe.
Tour includes tastings at:
- An organic scratch-made ice creamery
- Award-winning local microbrewed beer
- Sri Lankan inspired Asian fusion restaurant
- Estate bottle European olive oil and balsamic vinegars
- Mediterranean from-scratch eatery with the best pizza in town
Participants are encouraged to bring water in a refillable bottle for the tour.
Gratuity for your tour guide is not included and is appreciated if you enjoy the tour.
Participants will be required to walk 1.8 miles on relatively flat terrain with one hill.
3.5 hours; 1.8 mile walk
up to 12
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is not weather dependent and is held rain or shine regardless of weather conditions. Always contact your experience provider with any questions about weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for walking and weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and have received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and no rescheduling or cancellations will be allowed.
Other San Jose Gift Ideas:(View all 36 San Jose experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly Big SurFrom: $305Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Learn to Fly Bay TourFrom: $305Avg Rating of: 3(2)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Zipline AdventureFrom: $105Avg Rating of: 2-half(1)
- Zipline and Moaning Cavern AdventureFrom: $205
- Champagne Brunch CruiseFrom: $110Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseFrom: $155Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Santa Cruz Food TourFrom: $95Avg Rating of: 4-half(3)
- Hang Gliding LessonFrom: $190Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)
- All San Jose Experiences
"My wife and I opted for the Santa Cruz food tour because, though I've lived near the Monterey Bay all my life, I've never really taken time to explore Santa Cruz. And, well, we both love food. Turns out, this was the ideal experience. Our guide, Brion, was thoroughly knowledgeable about the history, architecture, and food of Santa Cruz, and we loved every stop along the way. I wound up tasting five and six menu items I never would have selected on my own...and loving each one. Stellar walking tour, engaging guide, wonderful culinary experiences--what's not to like?"
"I rec'd a gift certif. for my experience, changed the venue & added people. All went very smoothly both in working on the phone with Cust Svc Reps & through the Internet. The experience itself was terrific in the delivery & knowledge content of our guide, Brian. The places we visited, the different foods, the establishments & their employees, the amount of time, & the walk through Santa Cruz. All of the above were able to satisfy both my partner & I (both close to 60) & our 25 year old kids. We will definitely use Cloud 9 to book similar experiences in other Cities we plan to visit in our Retirement!!! Thanks for a Terrific Father's Day!!!"
"Brian and Terry were fun and friendly. The tour and stops were informative and delicious!!"