Tomales Bay Kayak Tour
San Francisco, CA
April - October: Select Dates.
Click here for schedule.
- Learn the basics from the Bay Area's outdoor education leader with 21 years of experience
- View wildlife ranging from colorful sea stars in the sea to majestic Thule Elk roaming the hillsides
- Enjoy one of the largest protected bay and coastal areas in California
- No experience necessary
Experience one of the premier paddling destinations in California on this guided kayak tour of Tomales Bay and Point Reyes.
Wildlife flourishes in this beautiful Northern California setting. Colorful sea stars slide beneath your kayak while majestic Thule Elk roam the hillsides.
One of the largest protected bay and coastal areas in California, this kayaker's paradise is a short distance from San Francisco and the Bay Area.
Launching from Nick's Cove, you will paddle in stable double sea kayaks, past Hog Island, to the White Cliffs of Tomales Bay, a unique geological formation similar to the White Cliffs of Dover.You will then stop for lunch on a pristine beach that is only accessible only by small watercraft.
This kayak trip is appropriate for beginner and intermediate paddlers in good physical condition.
- No experience necessary
- Appropriate for beginner and intermediate paddlers in good physical condition
- All equipment is included: including kayak, paddles and life jacket
- It's suggested to bring: water, lunch (sandwich, fruit, energy bars), sunscreen, sunglasses, sun hat, eyeglasses / sunglasses keeper straps, booties, water shoes, or sport sandals, towel and a change of clothes
- Gratuity for your guide is not included
The duration of this tour is approximately 5 hours (may vary due to tides).
Group size varies
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear synthetic, wool, or silk clothing, swimsuit, shirt, shorts, jacket, & warm cap rather than cotton. We also recommend sunscreen, sunglasses and water shoes or sport sandals.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other San Jose Gift Ideas:(View all 39 San Jose experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $279
- Learn to Fly Bay TourAvg Rating of: 3-half(3)From: $279
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $239
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $160
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $100
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Zipline AdventureAvg Rating of: 4(3)From: $90
- Zipline and Moaning Cavern AdventureFrom: $175
- All San Jose Experiences
"I must say that we had soo much fun on this trip! We were concerned, but everything was in our favor! The morning was beautiful on the way out, but upon arrival there was a bike ride that had overtaken the entire location. No parking, and certainly no wandering around. We found our instructor and everything went perfect! By the end of the day the wind and fog was rolling in, but we escaped it perfectly timed! Would tell everyone about this experience!!!"