Santa Ynez, CA
Daily - Sunrise
*Pending weather and pilot availability
- TripAdvisor "Certificate of Excellence" recipient with over 20 years experience
- Enjoy spectacular views of vineyards, the Transverse Mountain Ranges, the Channel Islands, Lake Cachuma and more
- Delight in complimentary champagne and a continental breakfast upon landing followed by wine tastings at 2 local wineries
Drift serenely over the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, and experience the tranquility of ballooning followed by local wine tastings on this Hot Air Balloon Ride and Wine Tour in Santa Barbara!
Take in the views of the many California mountain ranges, vineyards and ranches, as well as the historic towns of Solvang, Los Olivos, Buellton, Santa Maria, Paso Robles and much more.
Upon landing, enjoy complimentary champagne, and a continental breakfast followed by wine tastings at 2 local wineries.
Tasting rooms visited on the tour may include (and subject to change):
- Bedford Winery
- Alma Rosa & Winery
- Rusak Boutique Winery & Vineyard
- The Brander Vineyard
- Carhartt Winery & Vineyard
- Bridlewood Estate & Winery
- Dierberg Vineyard
- Blair Fox Cellars & Wine Company
Give one of the oldest forms of flying a try! Hop into the basket for a relaxing, scenic ride over some of the best wine country in California and then spend your day tasting the local wines on the Santa Barbara Hot Air Balloon Ride and Wine Tour!
- Participants must be at least 5 years old and at least 21 years old with a valild photo ID to participate in the wine tastings
- Additional fees may apply for passengers over 250 pounds
- Passengers must sign a liability waiver prior to boarding
- This experience is not recommended for pregnant women in their 3rd trimester, a doctor's note allowing participation is required for anyone in their 3rd trimester
- There must be at least 4 participants for the balloon flight to run
- Transportation and wine tasting fees are included
5-6 hours total with approximately 45-60 minutes of flight time and 90 minutes per wine tasting.
Up to 12 passengers per balloon depending on overall weight and basket size, with a minimum of 4 participants for the flight to go.
Spectators may follow chase vehicle in their own vehicle to watch launch and landing.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and a jacket, sweatshirt or fleece pullover. Closed toe shoes are required, no high heels.
It is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance. Last-minute requests will be accepted based on availability.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
What is included?
45-60 minutes of flight time is included as well as magnificent views, complimentary champagne and a continental breakfast. You'll then enjoy 2 wine tastings at local wineries, each lasting approximately 1.5 hours. Transportation and all tasting fees are also included.
Is it safe?
Yes, your pilots are FAA certified and have over 12 years of flight experience. They have one of the best safety records of any balloon company in the country. The balloons themselves are impeccably maintained and inspected regularly to ensure your safety.
Are the baskets handicap accessible?
Yes, a special bench can be provided upon request. Please indicate during booking if assistance is needed. Please call Cloud 9 Living with any questions.
How far will we fly?
The flight will last approximately 45 minutes to an hour and covers up to 6 miles in distance.
What if I'm afraid of heights?
The siding and floor of the basket offer a safe and secure feeling. There is no motion, swaying or vibration from wind when the balloon is flying.
Other Santa Barbara Gift Ideas:(View all 39 Santa Barbara experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $200
- Santa Barbara Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $220
- Hot Air Balloon Ride and Wine TourFrom: $315
- Downtown Santa Barbara Food TourFrom: $99
- El Paseo Wine and Photo TourFrom: $99
- Tandem Paragliding Elings ParkAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $100
- Mountain Tandem ParaglidingFrom: $200
- Cessna Scenic FlightFrom: $259
- Jeep Wine TourFrom: $298
- All Santa Barbara Experiences