Santa Barbara Municipal Airport - Goleta, CA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- An experienced FAA Certified Flight Instructor will give you an introductory extended ground school lesson on the principles of flight before take-off
- Take the controls of a Cessna during your flight
- Enjoy beautiful aerial views of California beaches and the Pacific Ocean
- No experience necessary!
Experience the excitement of flying one of the most popular training planes in the world when you Learn to Fly a Cessna near Santa Barbara!
Your personal flight lesson will begin with approximately 60-minutes of ground school where you will perform the preliminary pre-flight inspection, go over the basic controls of the aircraft and discuss what to expect in flight. Once air bound, you'll take the controls of the Cessna for the majority of the flight with your FAA Certified Flight Instructor coaching you every step of the way.
Enjoy the beautiful California landscape below you as you soar through the air and feel the freedom of flying! After your flight, when your feet are firmly planted on the ground, feel free to take photos with your pilot and plane.
Choose between a 2-seater Cessna 152 or select the 4-seater Cessna 172 option for more cabin room.
Prepare for a memorable experience and come learn to fly near Santa Barbara!
- Students under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Please bring a valid form of ID with you to the airport
- Weight and height restrictions may apply. Students over 6-feet tall should select the Cessna 172 option.
- Participants will be required to sign a liability release waiver
This experience will last approximately 2 hours with approximately 1 hour of ground school time followed by up to 1 hour of flight time.
This experience is for 1 student only.
Spectators are welcome to take photos at the airport and view the take-off and landing.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience with your experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
What type of aircraft will I fly?
This Learn to Fly experience will take place in either a Cessna 152 or 172 aircraft depending on the option selected. The Cessna aircraft is one of the most popular training planes in the world.
What is the difference between the various aircraft sizes?
The Cessna 152 aircraft is a 2-seater, whereas the Cessna 172 can seat up to 4 people. The biggest difference between the two options is the amount of interior space. For anyone over 6 feet tall, it is recommended to select the Cessna 172 option.
What should I bring with me?
Please bring a valid form of ID with you to the airport.
Do I need any flying experience?
No flying experience is necessary.
Are there any height or weight restrictions?
Various weight and height restrictions apply depending on the option selected. Anyone over 6-feet tall should select the Cessna 172 option.
Other Santa Barbara Gift Ideas:(View all 45 Santa Barbara experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $200
- Santa Barbara Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $220
- Hot Air Balloon Ride and Wine TourFrom: $315
- Downtown Santa Barbara Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $99
- El Paseo Wine and Photo TourFrom: $99
- Tandem Paragliding Elings ParkAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $100
- Mountain Tandem ParaglidingFrom: $200
- Private Skippered Sailing CharterFrom: $364
- Cessna Scenic FlightFrom: $259
- All Santa Barbara Experiences