Mountain Tandem Paragliding
October throuhg May - Santa Ynez Range, CA
June through September - Ojai, CA
*Pending pilot availability
Experience the exhilarating thrill of takeoff and the peaceful freedom of flight while Tandem Paragliding over breathtaking scenery.
- Provider has been in business since 1974
- Soar peacefully in the open air while seeing the landscape from a whole new perspective - 3,000 feet above ground!
- Your United States Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association certified pilot was named 2012 Instructor of the year
- Perfect experience for anyone looking for an exciting outdoor adventure
After a short glider and safety orientation you will run and takeoff with your USHPA certified tandem instructor to enjoy flying from 3,000 feet!
Your heart-pumping launch takes place at one of the breathtaking launch sites in the Santa Ynez Mountain Range or in beautiful Ojai.
Feel the wind blow through your hair and view the incredible California scenery from thousands of feet as you glide toward your landing.
This is the experience of a lifetime!
Participants must weigh between 110 and 200 pounds and be able to run with the instructor during the take-off. Minors must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
All equipment and gear are provided, including a helmet.
Experience may take 5 hours, including ride to the top of the mountain, preflight, 20 minutes of flight time, landing, and pick-up.
1 per flight
Spectators are welcome to observe from the top of the mountain if space permits. Otherwise they may observe from the valley floor.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Dressing in layers is suggested (T-shirt, light sweatshirt, and jacket). Good shoes are required.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 1 week prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel, or reschedule at least 1 week prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is there an age requirement to participate?
As long as parental consent is obtained and the participant weighs at least 100 lbs, there is not an age requirement.
What happens if the weather is bad?
We do not need wind to fly. If weather conditions make it unsafe to fly, your pilot will contact and work with you to reschedule to an alternate date.
Other Santa Barbara Gift Ideas:(View all 43 Santa Barbara experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $200
- Santa Barbara Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $220
- Hot Air Balloon Ride and Wine TourFrom: $315
- Downtown Santa Barbara Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $99
- El Paseo Wine and Photo TourFrom: $99
- Tandem Paragliding Elings ParkAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $100
- Mountain Tandem ParaglidingFrom: $200
- Private Skippered Sailing CharterFrom: $364
- Cessna Scenic FlightFrom: $259
- All Santa Barbara Experiences