Segway Beach Tour
Santa Barbara, CA
Daily - 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM
*Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and July 4th
Whether you are visiting Santa Barbara for the weekend or are a seasoned local, this Segway Beach Tour ® is a wonderful way to learn more about the history and sights of the area.
- Experience starts with an orientation to be sure everyone feels comfortable on the Segways
- Your experienced tour guide will tell stories throughout the tour, and will also be happy to answer any questions you may have
- Glide effortlessly on your Segway as you pass parks, the zoo, and beaches
- Your experience provider is top-rated on Trip Advisor has been providing fun and informational Segway tours since 2002
Cruise effortlessly along the beautiful parks, beaches, and sidewalks of Santa Barbara as your informative guide entertains you with fascinating stories and great photo ops of amazing scenery.
Prior to leaving on the tour you will have a 20-minute training session, watch a safety video, and practice on the Segways so that everyone feels comfortable before conquering the streets of Santa Barbara.
This Segway tour is perfect for both those new to the city and for locals. For the beginners, this tour will give you an opportunity to see highlights of the wonderful city. Locals will learn new facts and hear interesting stories about Santa Barbara. And everyone will come away with a new skill: riding a Segway!
Highlights passed during the tour include:
- Stearns Wharf
- The historic 4 Seasons Biltmore and the Coral Casino
- East Beach
- The Santa Barbara Zoo and the Bird Refuge
- Butterfly Beach
Segway is a registered trademark of Segway Inc.
Participants must be at least 14 years old. Those under 18 must have an adult of at least 25 years of age to sign their waiver and participate on the tour with them. All gliders must weigh between 100 and 300 lbs. Unfortunately, pregnant women will not be permitted to participate.
Segway, helmet, audio equipment, and orientation session are included.
2 hours (including training)
There may be up to 20 participants per tour
Spectators are allowed to stay for training, however the tour is for participants only.
The segways are able to operate efficiently in the rain; therefore this experience will go on in the event of rain. Ponchos are provided. However, tours do not operate in lighting and extreme weather conditions so please be sure to contact your Experience provider if you have any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Casual attire, comfortable shoes. Dress for the weather, and don't forget your camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Can more than one person ride at a time?
No, Segways are single person vehicles.
Are restrooms available?
Yes, restrooms are available at the meeting location. If you should need to stop during the tour, please let your guide know and they will try to accommodate you.
What happens if it rains?
The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the tour may be cancelled up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the event is cancelled, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule.
Do I have to wear a helmet?
Yes, participants are required to wear a helmet. One will be provided to you free of charge.
Do I need a driver's license to ride a Segway?
No. The Segway HT's are classified as Personal Assistance Mobility Devices. You are considered a pedestrian when riding.
Other Santa Barbara Gift Ideas:(View all 43 Santa Barbara experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $200
- Santa Barbara Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $220
- Hot Air Balloon Ride and Wine TourFrom: $315
- Downtown Santa Barbara Food TourFrom: $99
- El Paseo Wine and Photo TourFrom: $99
- Tandem Paragliding Elings ParkAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $100
- Mountain Tandem ParaglidingFrom: $200
- Private Skippered Sailing CharterFrom: $364
- Cessna Scenic FlightFrom: $259
- All Santa Barbara Experiences