Santa Barbara Harbor - Santa Barbara, CA
Mid-February through Mid-May:
Daily - 10:00 AM & 1:00 PM
- All Captains are USCG licensed
- Cruise aboard a majestic 50' catamaran sailboat
- Enjoy stunning views of the Santa Barbara coastline
- Opportunity to spot a wide array of marine wildlife in the diverse Santa Barbara Channel, home to over 30 species of whales and dolphins
- A fantastic way to spend the day with family and friends!
Whales are majestic and elusive creatures. With this Whale Watching Catamaran Cruise, you'll have the rare opportunity to spot one while spending an unforgettable time cruising aboard a luxury catamaran!
Launching from Santa Barbara Harbor, you and your party will spend approximately 2.5 hours cruising the Santa Barbara Channel and keeping a watchful eye on the water. This area is home to over 30 unique species of whales and dolphins so your chances of spotting wildlife are great! The most commonly sighted whales on the cruise are the majestic Pacific Grey Whales, but Blue Whales may also be seen.
If the whales are being a bit shy, you can always explore and enjoy the comforts of the luxury 50' catamaran sailboat. A ride on this vessel alone is a treat. You may want to visit the on board cash bar and grab a snack or drink to enjoy while taking in the spectacular views the Santa Barbara coastline. While you cruise, keep an eye out for other marine life as sightings of dolphins, sea lions, and seals are common as well!
You won't leave disappointed!
- Guests are welcome to bring snacks and drinks onboard, but no outside alcohol is allowed
- Cash bar is available onboard for alcoholic beverages, soft drinks and snacks
- Please no black or hard soled shoes
- Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed, but highly likely
Cruise lasts approximately 2.5 hours. Please allow an additional 30 minutes for early arrival/check-in.
Boat can accommodate up to 40 passengers
This experience is only for those with tickets
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience Provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Please wear comfortable clothes and dress in layers. Soft-soled, non-marking shoes only. In addition, it is recommended to bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, no cancellations are allowed. If you need to reschedule, you may do so up to 7 days prior to your booked date. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What should we bring?
We recommend that you dress in layers as it tends to be cooler and breezy on the water.Wear comfortable, non-marking soled shoes. You will also want to bring a camera, sunscreen, sunglasses and binoculars if you have them.
Drinks and snacks will be available on board at the cash bar. You are welcome to bring your own but no outside alcohol is allowed.
Are we guaranteed to see whales?
There are never any guarantees when dealing with wildlife, but whale sightings are common. In addition, you are highly likely to spot dolphins, sea lions, and other marine wildlife!
Are there restrooms available on board?
Yes! There are two restrooms on board for your convenience.
What if I get sea sick?
The 50' Catamaran is a very stable boat and your captain will do a great job of navigating the seas. However if you are prone to motion sickness, you may wish to take over the counter medications according to manufacturer's directions prior to boarding.
Other Santa Barbara Gift Ideas:(View all 43 Santa Barbara experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $200
- Santa Barbara Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $220
- Hot Air Balloon Ride and Wine TourFrom: $315
- Downtown Santa Barbara Food TourFrom: $99
- El Paseo Wine and Photo TourFrom: $99
- Tandem Paragliding Elings ParkAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $100
- Mountain Tandem ParaglidingFrom: $200
- Private Skippered Sailing CharterFrom: $364
- Cessna Scenic FlightFrom: $259
- All Santa Barbara Experiences