Mt. Rainier; departing from Seattle, WA
Mid-May - September: Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays at 8:00 AM.
Mid-May - June: Saturdays at 8:00 AM
July-August: Saturdays at 1:00 PM
September: Saturdays at 8:00 AM
- Your friendly and knowledgeable guides have been featured in National Geographic, USA Today and the Seattle Times
- Explore this active volcano encased in over 35 sq. miles of snow and ice, old growth forest and stunning wildflower meadows
- Enjoy a scenic drive, wildlife viewing, and a short hike along one of the many beautiful trails of Mt. Rainier
Cupped between the jagged Olympic Mountains to the west and the volcanic peaks of the Cascade Range to the east, you'll head for the tallest peak of them all, Mount Rainier. Standing at 14,411 feet, Mt. Rainier is the tallest peak in Washington and the Cascade range.
This escape offers ample opportunities for adventure, exploration, learning and just plain having fun. Mt. Rainier is an active volcano encased in over 35 square miles of snow and ice, surrounded by old growth forest and stunning wildflower meadows.
Lakes, waterfalls and river valleys connected to glaciers are just a few of the sights you'll see. We'll take out the binoculars and spot for birds and wildlife including marmots, coyotes, elk, deer, fox and black bear.
Your naturalist guide will lead you on a short hike along the Nisqually Vista trail or possibly something a little more challenging. You'll end your day by descending down the road to Longmire, the park's historical beginning.
So take a deep breath of fresh alpine air, and bask in the dramatic scenery as you explore one of America's most stunning sites - Mount Rainier.
Tour includes downtown Seattle hotel pick-up or drop off (if applicable), highly qualified and knowledgeable guide, travel in adventure-outfitted Mercedes van or luxury SUV, morning snack with beverage, northwest "On Safari" lunch, all park entry fees and comprehensive naturalist commentary.
Your guides practice ecologically responsible tourism. All tours are powered by clean burning alternative bio-diesel fuel produced from domestic, renewable resources.
Gratuity for your guide is not included but is appreciated.
9 -10 hour total tour time; 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM or 1:00 PM - 10:00 PM
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 10 per tour. For groups larger than 4 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact your experience provider with any questions about weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for walking and weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance of intended date.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no cancellations are allowed, however you may reschedule up to 7 days before your scheduled date with a $50 per person change fee. No changes are allowed within 7 days.
Other Seattle Experiences:(View all 45 Seattle experiences)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Gourmet Seattle Food TourFrom: $95Avg Rating of: 4-half(10)
- Chocolate Indulgence TourFrom: $75Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Food Tour of Pike Place MarketFrom: $60Avg Rating of: 5(6)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $250Avg Rating of: 3-half(1)
- Lake Union Sunset CruiseFrom: $60
- Lake Union Date Night CruiseFrom: $145
- San Juan Island Kayak TourFrom: $135Avg Rating of: 4-half(5)
- Historical Seattle Lunch CruiseFrom: $89Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- All Seattle Experiences
- Gift Certificates