Mt. Rainier - departing from Seattle, WA
Mid-May through September:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sundays - 8:00 AM
October through Mid-May:
Tuesday, Saturday and Sundays - 8:00 AM
- Your friendly and knowledgeable guides have been featured in National Geographic, USA Today and the Seattle Times
- Explore this active volcano encased in over 35 sq. miles of snow and ice, old growth forest and stunning wildflower meadows
- Enjoy a scenic drive, wildlife viewing, and a short hike along one of the many beautiful trails of Mt. Rainier
Cupped between the jagged Olympic Mountains to the west and the volcanic peaks of the Cascade Range to the east, you'll head for the tallest peak of them all, Mount Rainier. Standing at 14,411 feet, Mt. Rainier is the tallest peak in Washington and the Cascade range.
This escape offers ample opportunities for adventure, exploration, learning and just plain having fun. Mt. Rainier is an active volcano encased in over 35 square miles of snow and ice, surrounded by old growth forest and stunning wildflower meadows.
Lakes, waterfalls and river valleys connected to glaciers are just a few of the sights you'll see. We'll take out the binoculars and spot for birds and wildlife including marmots, coyotes, elk, deer, fox and black bear.
Your naturalist guide will lead you on a short hike along the Nisqually Vista trail or possibly something a little more challenging. You'll end your day by descending down the road to Longmire, the park's historical beginning.
So take a deep breath of fresh alpine air, and bask in the dramatic scenery as you explore one of America's most stunning sites - Mount Rainier.
- Participants must be at least 10 years old
- Includes pick-up and drop-off at your downtown Seattle hotel, cruise terminal, or downtown Arc'teryx retail store
- Led by highly qualified and knowledgeable guides
- Travel in adventure-outfitted Mercedes van or luxury SUV
- Morning snack with beverage and northwest "On Safari" lunch included
- All park entry fees are covered
- Comprehensive naturalist commentary
- Gratuity for your guide is not included but is appreciated
9 -10 hour total tour time (approximately 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM)
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 10 per tour. For groups larger than 4 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact your experience provider with any questions about weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for walking and weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance of intended date.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no cancellations are allowed, however you may reschedule up to 7 days before your scheduled date with a $50 per person change fee. No changes are allowed within 7 days.
How strenuous is the tour?
This tour is meant for beginners (easy to moderate). Your guide will cater the tour to the ability and interest level of the group.
What if I'm a vegetarian or have a special diet?
Most diets can be accommodated including vegetarian diets, lactose intolerant diet and, with enough notice, gluten-free diets. Please make note of any dietary requests at the time of booking.
Other Seattle Gift Ideas:(View all 35 Seattle experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $175
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4-half(6)From: $220
- Gourmet Seattle Food & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $84
- Chocolate Indulgence TourAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $62
- Food Tour of Pike Place MarketAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $51
- Lake Union Date Night CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $285
- Lake Union Sunset CruiseFrom: $94
- San Juan Island Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $108
- Indoor SkydivingFrom: $66
- All Seattle Experiences
"Our guide was very friendly, knowledgable, and energetic. The entire event was very well thought out and we were able to experience a wide range of view of Mt. Rainier and the National Park. We were aided by a fantastic bit of weather that opened up incredible views of the mountain. The wildflowers were in full bloom, huckleberries were abundant, and the mountain impressed with it's sheer scale. Whether you've been to Mt. Rainier National Park before or not, you owe it to yourself to take this trip if you have the chance. I learned a lot about the park and mountain history. Oh, and lastly the snacks and lunch provided on the trip were top notch. Kudos all around to Evergreen Escapes."
"The entire event was very well organized and executed. Darren as the guide was knowledgeable, friendly and a great reference source. Despite some bad weather elements he managed to make the most of the day and keep all happy."