Mt. St. Helens - departs from Seattle, WA
Mid-May - September:
Mondays, Wednesday & Friday- 7:30 AM
- Tour guides have been featured in National Geographic, USA Today and the Seattle Times
- Visit Johnston Ridge Observatory, walk on the Eruption Trail and take in stunning views of the volcano and surrounding landscape
- Observe how volcanoes are monitored and discover the wonders of Mt. St. Helens!
Mt. St. Helens is undoubtedly one of the Pacific Northwest's most iconic and well-known attractions.
During this full day adventure you'll learn about the impressive ongoing reforestation project as well as how well the ecosystem is recovering from the infamous 9 hour eruption. Don't forget to take photos!
Arriving into the blast-zone just five miles from the crater at the Johnston Ridge Observatory, you'll have the opportunity to look into the volcano, the growing lava dome and the world's youngest glacier. Your guide will tell you of the geological events surrounding the 1980 eruption through a variety of stories, facts and walks.
Enjoy a short walk on the Eruption Trail learning how the eruption shaped the surrounding landscape. Take in views of the lava dome, crater, pumice plain and the landslide deposit.
Hike a section of the Hummocks Trail in the Coldwater Lake Recreation Area on your return to the world class observatory. The trail consists of massive mounds of rock, ash and mud left behind from the mighty blow that caused the largest landslide in recorded human history!
- Participants must be at least 10 years old
- Includes downtown Seattle hotel pick-up or drop off (if applicable)
- Highly qualified and knowledgeable guide
- Travel in adventure-outfitted Mercedes van or luxury SUV
- Enjoy a Northwest style "On Safari" lunch, morning snack and refreshments
- All park entry fees are covered
- Includes comprehensive naturalist commentary
Approximately 12 hours
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 10 per tour. For groups larger than 4 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is not weather dependent and will run rain or shine.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for walking and weather conditions. Layers are recommended as well as a jacket in case of wind or rain.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no cancellations are allowed. You may reschedule up to 7 days before your scheduled date with a $50 per person change fee. No changes are allowed within 7 days.
What if I'm a vegetarian or have a special diet?
Most diets can be accommodated including vegetarian diets, lactose intolerant diet and, with enough notice, gluten-free diets. Please make note of any dietary requests at the time of booking.
How strenuous is the tour?
This tour is meant for beginners (easy to moderate). Your guide will cater the tour to the ability and interest level of the group.
Other Seattle Gift Ideas:(View all 43 Seattle experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $175
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Gourmet Seattle Food & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(20)From: $84
- Food Tour of Pike Place MarketAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $51
- Chocolate Indulgence TourAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $62
- Lake Union Date Night CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $285
- Lake Union Sunset CruiseFrom: $94
- San Juan Island Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $108
- All Seattle Experiences