Indoor Rock Climbing
Year Round; Saturdays at 10:30 AM
- Professional instruction at America's First Climbing Gym, teaching since 1987
- Limited to 6 students for intimate instruction and accelerated learning
- Class covers: fitting the harness, tying the figure 8 knot, and proper belaying techniques
- Includes all equipment for class and a 2 week membership to work on your new found skills
Get vertical in this introductory class to indoor climbing and join in on the fast growing sport that provides a fun and interactive environment and a great alternative form of fitness recreation.
Learn rope handling, knots, belaying and climbing technique in America's first indoor climbing gym! After this class, you will have taken the first step into a sport that has such a fun learning curve, great culture and outstanding fitness attributes.
Don't forget, this experience also comes with a two-week membership so you can continue on with the skills you've acquired in your class.
Waivers will need to be signed before the class and those under the age of 18 will need a guardian's signature.
6 per class
Guardians are welcome to watch the class.
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Wear stretchy, loose fitting (but not baggy), comfortable clothing that you do not mind getting dirty with chalk.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
What is "belaying"?
Belaying is the act of managing a rope to protect a climber. The "belayer" is there to control the slack in the safety system, catch a climber if they fall, and lower them down when they're finished with their climb. It's a crucial skill!
Other Seattle Gift Ideas:(View all 35 Seattle experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $175
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4-half(6)From: $220
- Gourmet Seattle Food & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $84
- Chocolate Indulgence TourAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $62
- Food Tour of Pike Place MarketAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $51
- Lake Union Date Night CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $285
- Lake Union Sunset CruiseFrom: $94
- San Juan Island Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $108
- Indoor SkydivingFrom: $66
- All Seattle Experiences