Learn to Fly a Helicopter
Auburn Municipal Airport - Auburn, WA
Daily - 10:00 AM or 1:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Learn from FAA Certified Flight Instructors with over 30 years of experience
- Take the controls of the most popular instruction helicopters in the world - a Robinson R-22 or a larger R-44
- Start with a 2 hour ground lesson before taking to the sky and learning skills including straight and level flight, climbing, descending, and hovering
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Seattle landscape
Have you ever wanted to experience the freedom of flight and try your hand at flying a helicopter? Now is your chance to learn the basics of how to fly a helicopter with this fun and exhilarating experience!
You'll be learning from and flying with an FAA certified flight instructor.
Your learn to fly experience starts with a ground lesson where you learn about the controls and the basic theory of helicopter flight.
Following the ground lesson, you and your instructor head out to the flight line for a step-by-step preflight inspection on a Robinson R22 or R44, one of the most popular training aircraft in the world.
Once the preflight is complete, buckle up and experience the thrill of helicopter flying!
From the engine start up to soaring over downtown Seattle, this is an experience you'll never forget!
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age
- No experience necessary
- To fly in the R-22 helicopter, the participant must weigh no more than 220 pounds
- To fly in the R-44 helicopter, the participant must weigh no more than 280 pounds
Approximately 30 minutes of flight time with a 2 hour ground school prior to the flight. Total experience time is approximately 3 hours.
1 student per helicopter
Spectators are welcome to come and watch or take pictures and view the takeoff.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Are there any weight restrictions?
Yes, for the R-22 helicopter, the participant must weigh no more than 220 lbs.To fly in the R-44 helicopter, the participant must weigh no more than 280 lbs.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary. This flight is considered an introductory flight and is meant to be fun and exciting for everyone!
Is there an age requirement?
Participant must be at least 12 years of age.
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
We always recommend contacting your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
Can I bring a passenger?
This lesson is for one student only. However, spectators are welcome to come and watch or take pictures and view the takeoff.
Other Seattle Gift Ideas:(View all 42 Seattle experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $175
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Gourmet Seattle Food & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $84
- Food Tour of Pike Place MarketAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $51
- Chocolate Indulgence TourAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $62
- Lake Union Date Night CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $285
- Lake Union Sunset CruiseFrom: $94
- San Juan Island Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $108
- All Seattle Experiences
"This is definitely a unique opportunity, and not for the faint of heart. The helicopter is like a tiny bubble propelling you into the sky, but my instructor was incredibly friendly, and I quickly learned a lot about how helicopters work. The ride itself is rather short, about 20-25 minutes after take off, enough time to practice flying straight and some gentle turns under watchful guidance. Really this is to whet your appetite for pursuing a pilot's license. Maybe someday, but for a relatively low price this was a perfectly good taste."
"Pre-flight instruction was shorter than specified. Flight time was also a little shorter. But overall experience was good. "
"It turned out to be a two day event because of weather. We did the ground training on Saturday as planned but the weather did not allow us to fly. I came back on Monday and we went up and had a great time. It was a life-changing experience. I am now looking to get my pilot's license. Thank you for helping me have this lesson."