Daily - 9:00 AM, 1:30 PM or 6:00 PM
- One-on-one instruction custom tailored to your skill level and interests
- Learn hot shop safety & etiquette, and basic techniques to gather, shape and color glass
- Create and a unique and personal paperweight, cup, bowl or more
- Work in a cool, clean & comfortable state of the art studio that has been home to glass works since 1991
Private lessons are a unique opportunity for students to learn glassblowing one-on-one with an experienced instructor. This experience is ideal for entertaining out of town visitors, or is a fun way to celebrate birthdays or special occasions.
Whether you are an absolute beginner or an intermediate level glassblower looking to refine your skills, our private lessons will help you to learn at an accelerated rate.
Private beginner classes cover hot shop safety and etiquette, basic techniques including gathering glass onto a rod, shaping key forms such as spheres and cylinders and applying basic color to glass.
Students will have the opportunity to make a glass piece with their instructor which could include a paperweight, cup, bowl, plate or small vase. Pieces made during the lesson are generally ready for pick up the following day, and shipping is also available for an additional charge.
Students must be at least 18 years of age. All tools and materials are included in the cost of the class.
This private lesson is for 1 or 2 people
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Be sure to wear COTTON clothing only! No Synthetic clothing. Closed-toe shoes. No sandals or flip-flips. Women-please keep long hair back. It is recommend that you bring a pair of UV sunglasses.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling a date and confirming a booking for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other Seattle Gift Ideas:(View all 43 Seattle experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $175
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Gourmet Seattle Food & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(20)From: $84
- Food Tour of Pike Place MarketAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $51
- Chocolate Indulgence TourAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $62
- Lake Union Date Night CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $285
- Lake Union Sunset CruiseFrom: $94
- San Juan Island Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $108
- All Seattle Experiences
"Amazing. Lots of fun. Our teacher started us out easy and built on our knowledge. He was very patient with me, teaching all the way. I am successfully taking home lots of great glassware I created. REALLY fun! "
"It was an amazing experience. The front desk staff and Amy (our instructor) were wonderful. We loved it. Thank you for giving us a life adventure . "
"Austin was great! Good teacher, easy to learn, had a great time and can't wait to pick up our creations! I would recommend Seattle Glassblowing Studio to anyone."