San Juan Island Kayak Tour
- Your guides have over 24 years experience and were a 2009 recipient of National Geographic Adventure Travel Magazine's "200 Best Adventure Travel" award
- These pristine waters are host to over 80 resident Orca Whales, and provide the best chance to observe these wonderful creatures in their natural habitat
- Your experienced naturalist guide will lead you as you explore San Juan Island, paddle along Lime Kiln State Park, and enjoy views of the Olympic Mountains and Vancouver Island
Sea kayaking on the west side of San Juan Island affords participants the best chance in the lower 48 to observe Orca whales in their natural habitat. The pristine waters of the San Juan and Gulf Islands are host to over 80 resident Orca Whales.
During your kayak tour, you'll kayak for about an hour and a half and then stop for a break at a beautiful little cove just south of Lime Kiln State Park that has outstanding views of the Olympic Mountains and Vancouver Island. You'll then continue paddling and exploring along the rocky shores of San Juan Island.
This trip will provide you with unparalleled opportunities to observe, study and learn more about the fascinating marine mammals and birds that range along this wonderful area.
Participants must be at least 12 years of age. Double kayaks, paddle, life jacket, sprayskirt, lunch and guide are included. Trips depart from Friday Harbor on San Juan Island.
Approximately 6-7 hours. 4.5 hours on the water, plus driving and on-land safety orientation. 10:30am departure from Friday Harbor.
Group sizes vary
We go rain or shine so dress appropriately.
What to Wear:
Wear shoes that can get wet, shorts/long pants, shirt. Please avoid wearing cotton pants, sweatshirt. For hot sunny weather bring sunglasses, hat, sunscreen. For wetter, cooler weather bring rain gear.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 4 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation no refunds will be given; however, cancellations made at least 4 days prior to the Experience will incur a cancellation fee of $30, with the remaining balance to be applied to another future booking of a Cloud 9 Living Experience of the participant's choice. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 4 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Seattle Experiences:(View all 45 Seattle experiences)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Gourmet Seattle Food TourFrom: $95Avg Rating of: 4(7)
- Chocolate Indulgence TourFrom: $75Avg Rating of: 4(7)
- Tour of Pike Place MarketFrom: $60Avg Rating of: 4(6)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $250
- Lake Union Sunset CruiseFrom: $60
- Lake Union Date Night CruiseFrom: $145
- Kayak Tour of Lake UnionFrom: $110
- San Juan Island Kayak TourFrom: $135Avg Rating of: 5(4)
- All Seattle Experiences
- Gift Certificates
"The experience was wonderful and very well described on your website except for the so called gourmet lunch. Lunch was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or hummus and cheese with lettuce,tomato,cucumber,red onion,and green peppers. No drinks, plates,or napkins were provided. Not very appetizing after working up such an appetite. Overall a great time and our guide was wonderful."
"Our guide was awesome!"
"It would be nice to know who the provider is before you book the experience - that way you can get more specific information on the trip. Although our weather wasn't the best (some rain & lots of wind) we had an amazing time! We were lucky enough to see three separate groups of whales, plus sea otters, two types of seals, eagles and wonderful sites."