Seattle Locks Cruise
Pier 59; Seattle, WA
Click here for schedule
*Rates do not apply for holiday, Valentines Day and specialty cruises
- This cruise connects the salt water of Puget Sound and the fresh water of Lake Union.
- Enjoy live narration of Seattle's history from your knowledgeable captain.
- View the spectacular city skyline, one of the world's largest shipping terminals, the majestic Cascade and Olympic mountain ranges and the "Sleepless in Seattle" houseboat community.
You don't have to be a shipping enthusiast to be enthralled by the complex workings of the Seattle locks system - originally built to transport coal and timber from the eastern shores of Lake Washington.
Since 1963, locals and visitors alike have enjoyed this tour along Seattle's famous Hiram Chittenden Locks.
Get an up-close view of a lock that lowers and raises boats as they pass from the fresh waters of Lake Union and Lake Washington into the salt water of Puget Sound. Along the cruise you'll learn how the Locks function, all while experiencing stunning city skylines and mountain views, and a trip to the "Sleepless in Seattle" floating houseboat district.
The overland loop to the original departure point will be via motor coach.
Please arrive for boarding 15 minutes prior to departure.
For larger groups, please contact Cloud 9 Living directly.
up to 150 participants
This experience is only for those on the cruise.
The experience provider cruises year-round, rain or shine. In the rare event the Coast Guard prohibits cruising because of weather, the provider will reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothes appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 5 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given but rescheduling your cruise is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel, or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Can children cruise?
Children of all ages are welcome on the tour. Children under age 4 are free.
Will I get seasick?
It is highly unlikely. The ships sail in calm waters; they do not go out into open ocean waters.
Is the ship handicap accessible?
Accessibility is limited. Please call for details.
Can I smoke on the ship?
Per Washington State law, all vessels are non-smoking, including outer decks.
Other Seattle Gift Ideas:(View all 43 Seattle experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $175
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Gourmet Seattle Food & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(20)From: $84
- Food Tour of Pike Place MarketAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $51
- Chocolate Indulgence TourAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $62
- Lake Union Date Night CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $285
- Lake Union Sunset CruiseFrom: $94
- San Juan Island Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $108
- All Seattle Experiences