Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays - 10:00 AM
Friday through Sunday - 10:00 AM & 2:00 PM
- Enjoy a behind the scenes adventure through the sights, sounds and flavors of this historic 100+ year old Seattle landmark
- Tour provider is the #1 ranked attraction on tripadvisor.com
- Meet the Market's lively characters, hear their memorable stories, see fish flying about, and enjoy 16+ tastings
- Great for both visitors and Seattle locals!
Become a market insider as you embark on a behind-the-scenes adventure to experience the sights, sounds and flavors of this historic 100+ year old culinary landmark.
Meet the Market's lively characters and hear their memorable stories. See fish fly, cheese being made by hand, and the original Starbucks store!
Your guides are culinary and history enthusiasts who are past and present members of the Pike Place Market community. They have the most intimate friendships with the merchants that give the Market it's captivating personality. From Iron Chef winner Tom Douglas to the world famous fish throwers, you'll meet the best of the Market!
Tour may include delicious samples of (subject to change):
- America's Best Clam Chowder - national award winner!
- #1 Artisan handmade cheese in Washington
- Renowned chef Tom Douglas' crab cakes
- Savory Russian piroshky pastries
- Local Greek yogurt
- Piping hot mini-doughnuts
- Ground pork Lumpia
- Cherry-inspired chocolate treats, homemade caramels, and much more!
- Experience includes all food and drink tastings (enough for a meal) and a VIP discount card that will entitle you to 10-15% off on future purchases at your favorite vendors and shops
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included, but is greatly appreciated if you enjoy your experience
- A certain level of physical fitness is required as you will be walking and on your feet for approximately 2 hours
- Participants are encouraged to take photographs during the tour, but video cameras and tape recorders are prohibited
- Tour tastings and venues are subject to change
Up to 16 people on the tour
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothes appropriate for the weather, and bring an umbrella if necessary. You will be on your feet for 2 hours, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance of intended date of use.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and cancellations/rescheduling is not allowed.
Does this tour have anything to offer a native Seattleite?
Definitely! Many tour participants live in Seattle. Locals often join the tour to learn about the great food find right in Seattle that have been under their noses the entire time! Seattle is brimming with lively tales and history, and this will be a great way to rediscover your hometown.
Do the tours start and end at the same place?
The tours end within a few blocks of the starting point. Your tour guide will be happy to assist with directions at the end of the tour.
Are the tours wheelchair / stroller accessible?
Unfortunately tours are not wheelchair/stroller accessible.
What is included in the ticket price?
- All food and drink tastings (enough for a meal)
- Signature merchant and dining guide
- Seasonal recipes
- A special VIP discount card that is only available to tour participants. Return to your favorite shops and vendors you tasted at on the tour and receive a 10-15% discount on your entire purchase.
Should I eat anything before the tour?
It is recommended that you eat a light meal before participating in the tour. The amount of food sampled on the tour is significant enough that many people delay or skip lunch afterwards, or will opt for a later dinner depending on the tour time.
Do we only walk around and sample food?
Absolutely not! You will taste locally made foods and beverages that will awaken your palate, while learning about and meeting the storied characters and vendors that give Seattle life. Soak up the rich and vibrant history that even locals don’t know about!
Are there age restrictions?
Children are welcome, but please bear in mind that some children have a limited attention span and therefore a 2-3 hour tour or event may not be appropriate for them. Parents know their children best and should assess the situation individually. Since there is a lot of standing, walking, and congestion, please consider this when deciding whether the tours and events are appropriate for your child.
If your child is 2 years of age or younger and will not be eating, you will not need to purchase a ticket for him/her. If your child is 3 years of age or older, you will need to purchase a ticket for him/her, regardless if he/she will be eating. Please bear in mind that strollers are extremely challenging on the tour.
Other Seattle Gift Ideas:(View all 43 Seattle experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $175
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Gourmet Seattle Food & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(20)From: $84
- Food Tour of Pike Place MarketAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $51
- Chocolate Indulgence TourAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $62
- Lake Union Date Night CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $285
- Lake Union Sunset CruiseFrom: $94
- San Juan Island Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $108
- All Seattle Experiences
"I've been living in Seattle for almost 2 years, and after that food tour, I felt there's still so much to go and see. I would like to thank Justin, the tour guide. Awesome and highly recommend tour."
"Justin was a terrific guide. He was both knowledgeable and entertaining."
"We loved this. Our guide, Carla with Savor Seattle, was terrific! She was fun and very informative. She made the experience!"