Gateway Motorsports Park - Madison, IL
Select Date Only:
Saturday - July 23, 2016
*2017 dates to be announced
- Your experience will start with a safety orientation followed by a quick demo run down the track in the club van
- A crew member will get you belted in and ready to go as you pull a smoky burnout, stage the car and launch from the start line
- Learn from the best - school founded by Drag Racing legend Doug Foley
- If you've always dreamed of driving a dragster, this is your chance!
It's your turn to experience the thrill of driving a dragster!
Your experience starts with a classroom orientation session where you will learn basic safety precautions and operational procedures. Then you'll head out to the track for a quick demo run and a ride down the track with an instructor in the club van.
Now it's time to "start your engines" as a crew member gets you all belted in and ready to go.
As soon as your foot hits the pedal, get ready to leave everyone in the dust as your car accelerates to speeds well over 100 mph in just seconds!
You will make two, three or four runs (based on the package purchased) with the first run consisting of a long, smokey burnout, launching the car and a 330 foot pass. The distance of your 2nd run will be 1/8 mile.
For those with 3 or 4 run packages, your 3rd and 4th runs will will be the full 1/4 mile distance, and you can expect to hit speeds over 130 mph!
Bonus Ride Along Options: Choose one of the options with the Bonus Thrill Ride and ride as a passenger in a 2 seat dragster with a professional driver behind the wheel.
About Gateway Motorsports Park:Gateway Motorsports Park is located just east of St. Louis, Missouri in Madison, Illinois. The motorsports park is over 200 acres and is the largest outdoor entertainment facility in the region. It features a 0.25-mile drag strip and hosts a NHRA event each year. Check it out for yourself and experience what its like to race on a pro drag racing track!
Racing doesn't get any better than this!
- Available July 23, 2016 only
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age and possess a valid driver's license
- Height requirement is 5'0" - 6'5" tall; weight is 100 - 325 pounds
- Individuals must be capable of getting in and out of the dragster on their own
- Participants are required to sign a Liability Release Form and participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to sign the waiver
Choose from 2, 3 or 4 runs, with or without a bonus Thrill Ride. Your entire experience will last approximately half of the day.
1 per car
Yes, and don't forget to bring a camera!
This experience is weather dependent; however the experience may run on a rain delay. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event the experience is unable to run due to weather, the experience provider will reschedule your reservation at no cost.
What to Wear:
Dress comfortably, flat rubber-soled shoes and long pants are required. Layers are recommended for this experience. You will be provided with a racing jacket and helmet.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. Any rescheduling prior to 30 days before a scheduled date will be subject to a $50.00 administration fee. No rescheduling will be allowed within 30 days of your confirmed date.
Do I need to know how to drive manual transmission (stickshift)?
No, all of the cars are automatic transmission.
Can spectators sit in on the orientation class?
Other St Louis Gift Ideas:(View all 13 St Louis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $99
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $99
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarFrom: $488
- Learn to Fly a BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- Scenic Biplane RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $225
- St. Louis Gourmet Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $123
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $63
- Dragster Thrill RideAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $149
- Drive a DragsterAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $349
- All St Louis Experiences
"Had a very good experience, didn't want it to end. Would like to do again. Only downside was the video. Tried to show my family, and nothing but the promo showed. Disappointed to say the least. Money back would be nice, but not expected."
"This experience was amazing. Would definately do it again. I do have one complaint. We purchased the video of our day. The ride along video was great. The dragster my husband drove - car number 1, the camera lens must have been dirty. The camera that was on my husband was great. The camera that showed the track was dirty. We cannot see anything. Very disappointed in that. This was a gift for his 50th birthday. I was hoping he would have a better keepsake. "