Gateway Motorsports Park - Madison, IL
Select Dates Only:
* 2017 dates to be announced
- Drive full-size, 600 horsepower NASCAR style race cars
- Hit top racing speeds up to 140 MPH!
- Racecar driving suit, helmet, and driving instruction included
- Options range from 8 to 32 laps of racing (don't worry, even 8 laps is a long time at 140 MPH!)
- Receive a graduation pack including a detailed lap time sheet and a certificate with your top speed
Have you ever dreamed of being a racecar driver? It's time to make that dream a reality as you take control in the Drive a NASCAR Race Car experience at the Gateway Motorsports Park!
Your experience will begin with a classroom session where you'll learn how to master the track's driving line, acceleration and deceleration points, and proper following distances. Next, you'll learn about the cars, including shift patterns, safety devices, and more.
Now it's time to put on your helmet, buckle up, and gt behind the wheel of your race car! Get ready to put the pedal to the metal, and experience an adrenaline rush only known to professional racecar drivers!
Upon completion of your laps, there will be a Closing Ceremony where you'll receive a graduation pack including a detailed lap-time sheet, and an official certificate printed with your top speed!
Being your fan club to the track, and be the envy of all of your friends as you live out your dreams on the track!
About the Gateway Motorsports Park
This premier Motorsports Park, located in Madison, IL just outside of St. Louis, is the largest outdoor entertainment facility in the region. It is a 1.25-mile, oval track with 3 degree straightaways and 9 and 11 degree banking turns! This track is sure to satisfy any adrenaline appetite, so don't miss your chance to experience NASCAR racing from behind the wheel!
- Participants must be in good overall physical condition and be able to climb through a 15" x 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground
- Driving suits are available up to size 4XL
- Participants must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license
- All participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- It's recommended to be able to drive a manual (stick shift) transmission, but a push-start is available if needed
- Photo & In-Car Videos are available for purchase at the track
- Photo prices start at $20 and videos at $49. Prices vary based on lap packages and are subject to change.
- Experience price includes $39 driver's fee that releases the driver from any liability "...for most damage caused to the car resulting from and incident/crash at the track. Only in the event that a driver intentionally or negligently fails to follow instructions which leads to an incident/crash will the racing school seek financial recompense for resulting damage to the vehicle"
Please plan to be at the track for approximately 2.5 - 3 hours.
1 per car
Absolutely! The track has a special seating area set up where family and friends can watch, and don't forget a camera to capture your experience!
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact your experience provider in the event of inclement weather. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, you will be given the option to reschedule for a mutually agreeable date or be issued a rain certificate.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, weather appropriate attire that will be comfortable under your driver's suit, and closed toed shoes. No sandals, flip-flops or heels.
For this experience we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. For rescheduling more than 30 days prior to your scheduled experience date, a $75 fee will be charged. No cancellations or rescheduling may be made less than 30 days prior to your scheduled experience date.
What types of cars are used?
600 HP NASCAR style race cars that have 4 speed manual transmissions.
Is passing allowed?
For safety and liability reasons passing is not allowed. There are 3-4 cars on the track at one time but everyone is spread apart. The coordinator keeps tracks of each car's individual speed and times/choreographs everything so that the faster car will not be held up by the slower one.
What is provided and what do I need to bring?
All participants are provided with a regulation helmet and safety device, as well as a driver's suit. Participants need to wear socks, closed-toed shoes, and clothes that will be comfortable under the driver's suit.
Are there weight or height restrictions?
Not exactly; however, the cars do not have doors. Participants must have the ability to climb through a 15" high by 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground. Driving suits are available up to size 4XL.
Are there age restrictions?
Participants must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license. Experience driving a manual (stick shift) transmission is ideal, but not a requirement. If participants cannot operate a manual transmission a push-off start is available.
Are foods or beverages available at the track?
Snacks and refreshments are available for purchase at the merchandise trailer.
Are any photo or video packages of my experience available?
Yes, photos and in-car videos are available for purchase at the track. Photo prices start at $20 and video at $49. Prices vary depending on the lap package booked and are subject to change.
Can I bring guests?
Friends and family are more than welcome. The more the merrier! There is a viewing area right behind pit road where they can watch. They are also welcome to bring their cameras and camcorders with them to take pictures and video from that viewing area.
Other St Louis Gift Ideas:(View all 19 St Louis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $99
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $99
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Scenic Biplane RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $225
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $63
- St. Louis Gourmet Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $123
- Supercar Thrill RideFrom: $299
- Race a PorscheFrom: $338
- All St Louis Experiences