Learn to Fly a Biplane
St. Louis Downtown Airport - St. Louis, MO
June - September:
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending weather and pilot availability
- The FAA certified Flight Instructor has 10,000+ hours in the pilot's seat and has flown nearly 18,000 passengers
- Soar high above city landmarks that may include the renowned St. Louis Arch, Busch Stadium and the Edward Jones Dome
- Experience the thrill of flying for yourself when you take control of the aircraft at cruising altitude!
Experience the thrill of flying in a meticulously restored 1941 Waco Biplane when you Learn to Fly in St. Louis!
Your friendly pilot is a St. Louis native and FAA certified Flight Instructor with over 10,000 hours of flying experience.
After a brief ground school where you'll learn the basics of flying, you'll perform a pre-flight check of the aircraft, climb into the plane and prepare for take off.
Once you've hit cruising altitude, your instructor will let you take control of the aircraft and try your hands at the art of flying.
The open cockpit offers an unbeatable birds eye view of breathtaking downtown landmarks that may include the St. Louis Arch, Busch Stadium and the Edward Jones Dome.
Enjoy a once in a lifetime experience when you Learn to Fly a Biplane in St. Louis!
- Participants may not be over 6'5"
- Single passengers must weigh less than 225 lbs
- Participants must be over the age of 18
- Please bring a government issued valid form of identification
- No experience necessary
The duration of this experience is dependent on the flight option selected. With the 30 minute flight option, you can plan on being at the airport for approximately 1 hour and with the 60 minute flight option, you can plan on being at the airport for approximately 1.5 hours.
The Learn to Fly a Biplane experience is for 1 student and 1 pilot.
Spectators are welcome to come up to the plane when it is not running, take photos, and watch the experience from the ground.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Please dress for the weather of the day. It is recommended to bring an extra jacket.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Do I need experience?
No experience is needed for the Learn to Fly a Biplane lesson!
What kind of plane will we fly?
You will be in the pilot's seat of a restored 1941 Waco Biplane.
What do I need to bring with me?
Please bring a valid form of identification such as a license or passport.
Other St Louis Gift Ideas:(View all 13 St Louis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $99
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $99
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarFrom: $488
- Learn to Fly a BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- Scenic Biplane RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $225
- St. Louis Gourmet Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $123
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $63
- Dragster Thrill RideAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $149
- Drive a DragsterAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $349
- All St Louis Experiences
"Awesome experience - very special. Kevin is a great pilot and guide! Interesting perspective of the area!"
"Had a great time with Kevin Kegin and his biplane!! As a former Air Force pilot, it was so much fun to slip the surly bonds of earth again... this time in an open cockpit! Highly recommend this great experience!"
"I was quite nervous when I arrived. However, the pilot put my mind at ease. He explained everything and answered all my questions. He was very knowledgeable, explaining everything that was going on. He talked to me a lot during the flight which kept me relaxed and calmed my nerves. I felt completely safe, which allowed me to enjoy the experience and even got me brave enough to do some crazy-fun stuff. "