Smartt Airport - Portage Des Sioux, MO
Daily - 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM
- FAA Certified Flight Instructors will teach you the basics of flying
- Begin with a pre-flight inspection and ground school before taking to the air
- Take the controls of a Cessna aircraft, the most popular training aircraft in the world
- No experience necessary
- Soar high above the Missouri countryside on the 30 minutes of flight!
Take the controls of the most popular training aircraft in the world when you Learn to Fly near St. Louis!
Discover the art of flying on this introductory flight lesson with the help of an FAA Certified Flight Instructor by your side.
You'll begin with a pre-flight inspection of the aircraft, followed by ground school where you'll learn what you'll need to know to pilot the plane.
Once airborne, your pilot will hand over the controls and let you fly the Cessna high above the St. Louis suburbs and countryside.
Choose between the 2-seater Cessna 152 or bring a friend to join you in the Cessna 172, pending weight restrictions.
Take in fantastic aerial views and experience the feeling of flight on this Learn to Fly a Cessna experience near St. Louis!
- No experience necessary
- Cessna 152: Student must weigh less than 200 pounds and be under 6'1"
- Cessna 172: Maximum weight per person is 300 pounds
- Each passenger must present a valid form of ID
You can expect to be at the airport for approximately 60 minutes with 30 minutes of flight time.
Cessna 152 option: 1 student and 1 instructor. Cessna 172 option: 1 student, 1 passenger and 1 instructor.
Spectators are allowed to watch the take off and landing from the flight ramp of the airport.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event that your experience cancelled, the pilot will work with you directly to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and closed toed shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hour prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with your pilot.
Do I need experience?
No experience is needed for this flight lesson!
What should I bring with me?
Please bring a valid form of identification with you.
What type of plane will we be in for this experience?
This Learn to Fly a Cessna experience will take place in either the Cessna 152 or Cessna 172, depending on the option selected.
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
We always recommend contacting your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
Are there any height or weight restrictions?
Cessna 152: Student must weigh less than 200 pounds and be under 6'1" Cessna 172: Maximum weight per person is 300 pounds
Are there any age restrictions?
Students must be at least 16 years of age. There are no age restrictions for passengers.
Other St Louis Gift Ideas:(View all 13 St Louis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $99
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $99
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarFrom: $488
- Learn to Fly a BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- Scenic Biplane RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $225
- St. Louis Gourmet Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $123
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $63
- Dragster Thrill RideAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $149
- Drive a DragsterAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $349
- All St Louis Experiences
"This was a fantastic first experience, which has inspired me to look into more flying opportunities. The only point of stress was in finding the airfield. There needs to be better directions posted."
"The instructor was very friendly and experienced. I will definitely be going back again. Thank you!"
"I had a great time! The flight instructer, Tim Braun, was awesome and very professional."