Peter O. Knight Airport; Tampa, FL
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Highly experienced FAA certified pilots
- Robinson R-44, the most popular helicopter in the world! Every seat is a window seat!
- Enjoy spectacular sites from above includingFort De Soto, the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, Downtown Tampa, and Davis Island
- Discover the beautiful scenery below from a whole new perspective
Enjoy a spectacular scenic helicopter flight from Tampa to Fort De Soto.
Your helicopter flight begins by departing West to get a view of the beautiful homes that line the shore of Davis Island and Bayshore Boulevard.
Next, you'll cruise toward Downtown Tampa, where you will enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of the skyscrapers, landmarks in the Channel District such as the Tampa Bay Times Forum, the Florida Aquarium, and the University of Tampa.
From here, you'll float over Hillsborough and Tampa Bay as you pass by Tampa Electric's Big Bend Power Station. The Power Station is located on Big Bend Road on nearly 1,500 acres in southeastern Hillsborough County, close to Apollo Beach.
Then, you'll soar over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge on the way to Fort De Soto. The largest park within the Pinellas County Park System, Fort De Soto park consists of 1,136 acres of five interconnected islands or keys. The natural beauty of this area is truly majestic.
On your way back to the airport, you'll cross over Saint Petersburg and follow a course that takes you over Gandy Bridge and Hyde Park.
This is a great tour for tourists and locals alike to get a unique view of this beautiful region from above.
Due to weight and balance restrictions, the helicopters cannot accommodate passengers weighing more than 300 pounds. Also, for groups of three passengers, total passenger load may not exceed 550 pounds.
Children younger than 5 must be accompanied by an adult.
60-mile flight. You should plan on approximately 60 minutes from the time you arrive until the time you leave.
Up to 3 per helicopter
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Other Tampa Gift Ideas:(View all 27 Tampa experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $212
- Learn to Fly a CessnaFrom: $124Avg Rating of: 4-half(5)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $180Avg Rating of: 5(13)
- Gulfport Art District Food TourFrom: $49
- Downtown St. Petersburg Food TourFrom: $49Avg Rating of: 5(4)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,492Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Tandem Hang GlidingFrom: $175Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $196Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- All Tampa Experiences