Clearwater Airpark - Clearwater, FL
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Experienced FAA-Certified Flight Instructor will teach you the basics of flying prior to flight
- Take controls of the Cessna 172 during approximately 45 minutes of flight
- No experience necessary
- Enjoy scenic, aerial views of the Florida coast beneath you!
Enjoy the freedom of flight when you take the controls of one of the most popular training planes in the world and Learn to Fly in Tampa!
Your personal flight lesson will begin with ground school instruction with a FAA-Certified Flight Instructor. You'll perform a preliminary pre-flight inspection, go over the basic controls of the aircraft and discuss what to expect in flight.
Begin with taxiing the runway and watch your pilot take to the air. Once air bound, you'll take the controls of the Cessna 172 for the majority of the flight. Take in the spectacular views of the Florida coastline as you soar high above the clear waters of the ocean. When your feet are firmly planted on the ground, feel free to take photos with your pilot and plane.
Prepare for a memorable experience and come learn to fly!
- Students under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Bring a valid form of ID with you to the airport
- Maximum weight per passenger is 250 pounds
You can expect to be at the airport for approximately 1.5-2 hours, with an approximate flight time of 45 minutes.
1 student and up to 1 passenger depending on the option selected. Weight restrictions may apply.
Spectators are welcome to take photos at the airport and view the take-off and landing.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event of inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the pilot. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and/or rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary! Your flight lesson is customized to your comfort level.
What do I need to bring with me?
Please bring a valid government issued form of ID.
Are there weight restrictions?
The maximum weight per passenger is 250 pounds.
Other Tampa Gift Ideas:(View all 23 Tampa experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $212
- Learn to Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $124
- Gulfport Art District Food TourFrom: $55
- St. Petersburg Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(10)From: $55
- Tampa Sunset Heli Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(4)From: $318
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $175
- Tandem SkydivingFrom: $234
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $196
- Private Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $628
- All Tampa Experiences
"Eugene (the instructor) was excellent from start to finish. His attention to detail made me comfortable and at ease. Would recommend to everyone. Thanks again, Gene!!"
"I enjoyed the flying session. Pilot was knowledgeable and skillfully guided us to the appropriate altitude and location."
"Liked it so much that I am going to learn to fly. Thanks."