Clearwater Airpark- Clearwater, FL
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Experienced FAA-Certified Flight Instructor will teach you the basics of flying prior to flight
- Practice your skills in a state-of-the-art flight simulator and then take control of the helicopter during the approximately 30 minute flight
- No experience necessary
- Enjoy scenic, aerial views of the clear ocean waters beneath you!
Experience the thrill of flying when you Learn to Fly a Helicopter near Tampa!
Your personalized flight lesson includes up to 45 minutes of time in a state-of-the-art flight simulator followed by approximately 30 minutes of flight.
Ground school instruction with an FAA-Certified Flight Instructor will have you ready to fly in no time! After the pre-flight inspection and briefing, you'll take to the air!
Once air bound, you'll take the controls of the Robinson R-22 Helicopter for a majority of the flight. Practice hovering, turning and smooth flying during the approximately 30-minute lesson. Soar high above the clear ocean waters of Florida and enjoy the spectacular views.
Combine personalized simulator training with the exhilarating feeling of flying on this once-in-a-lifetime Learn to Fly a Helicopter experience!
- Students under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Bring a valid form of ID with you to the airport
- Maximum participant weight is 220 pounds
You can expect to be at the airport for approximately 1.5 hours, with an approximate flight time of 30 minutes.
1 student and 1 pilot will be in the Robinson R-22.
Spectators are welcome to take photos at the airport and view the take-off and landing.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event of inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the pilot. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and/or rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What kind of helicopter will we be in for the flight?
You'll be in a Robinson R-22 for the flight lesson as well as a helicopter flight simulator.
Do I need experience?
No experience is needed for the Learn to Fly a Helicopter flight lesson.
What do I need to bring?
Please bring a valid government issued form of ID.
Are there weight restrictions?
The maximum weight for participants is 220 pounds.
Other Tampa Gift Ideas:(View all 24 Tampa experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $190
- Learn to Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $99
- St. Petersburg Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(11)From: $55
- Tampa Sunset Heli Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(4)From: $318
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $175
- Tandem SkydivingFrom: $234
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $196
- Private Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $628
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- All Tampa Experiences