Tampa Sunset Helicopter Tour (for 2+)
Peter O. Knight Airport; Tampa, FL
Daily - Sunset
*Pending pilot availability
- Highly experienced FAA certified pilots
- Robinson R-44, the most popular helicopter in the world! Every seat is a window seat!
- Enjoy sites such as roller coasters and wildlife at Busch Gardens, and the sun setting behind the skyscrapers of the city
- Experience the beauty of Downtown Tampa, Busch Gardens and more in a whole new light!
Enjoy a stunning sunset helicopter tour over Tampa Bay, Downtown Tampa, Busch Gardens and the Alafia River and see this beautiful region from a new perspective.
Your sunset helicopter flight will begin by ascending over Downtown Tampa, where you will enjoy breathtaking views of landmarks in the Channel District such as the sports and concert arena Tampa Bay Times Forum, the Florida Aquarium, and the University of Tampa.
Next, you'll pass over skyscraper rooftops before heading northeast over Ybor City, a historic melting-pot neighborhood established by cigar makers in 1880.
Continuing away from urban areas, you'll soar over the lush, wildlife-filled Hillsborough River and then head toward Busch Gardens. Get a birds-eye view of the roller coasters and the African themed zoological facilities with more than 2,700 animal species.
As you head south, you'll watch the sun set behind Downtown Tampa as you float over the Alafia River watershed under the twilight and back the the Peter O. Knight Airport.
This is a great tour for tourists and locals alike to get a unique view of the region from above.
Due to weight and balance restrictions, the helicopters cannot accommodate passengers weighing more than 300 pounds. Also, for groups of three passengers, total passenger load may not exceed 550 pounds.
Children younger than 5 must be accompanied by an adult.
32-mile flight. You should plan on approximately 60 minutes from the time you arrive until the time you leave.
Up to 3 per helicopter
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 7 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and re-schedulings are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and re-schedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Tampa Gift Ideas:(View all 23 Tampa experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $212
- Learn to Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $124
- Gulfport Art District Food TourFrom: $55
- St. Petersburg Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(10)From: $55
- Tampa Sunset Heli Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(4)From: $318
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $175
- Tandem SkydivingFrom: $234
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $196
- Private Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $628
- All Tampa Experiences
"I had an opportunity to meet Nathan, Parker and Kyle during my pre-planning and it was an excellent experience, with all 3 of the guys helping with creative ideas for my marriage proposal. Thanks again for everything, and I plan on recommending your experience to others."
"This was a superb and exhilarating experience! The pilot was excellent -- very informative and accommodating. We would do this again at another venue."
"It was a great time!! My wife and I received this as a wedding gift and it was a perfect experience!"