Dare County Regional Airport - Manteo, NC
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Fly with the top rated provider on TripAdvisor
- Enjoy unique aerial views of the Outer Banks with up to 2 friends, pending weight restrictions
- Choose between 30, 60, or 90-minute tour options
- Keep a watchful eye on the water for potential views of dolphins, sea turtles, and even shipwrecks
- See the Outer Banks in a whole new way!
Whether you visit the Outer Banks every year or if it's your first trip to the beautiful vacation spot, this OBX helicopter tour is sure to provide breathtaking coastal views.
Departing from Dare County Regional Airport in Manteo, North Carolina, this scenic helicopter tour will be a memorable experience for you and up to 2 friends (pending combined weight restrictions). Your FAA Certified Pilot will see you safely aboard the Robinson R-44 aircraft and show you the sights!
For this scenic aerial tour, you have 3 amazing routes to choose between:
30-Minute Tour: This approximately 30-minute flight flies both north and south along the coastline. Flying north, you will enjoy views of the Wright Brother's Monument, Jockey's Ridge, and a few shipwrecks. As you head south, you will fly over the famed Wanchese fishing village to Oregon Inlet and the Bodie Island Lighthouse. Along the way, keep an eye out for sightings of dolphins, sea turtles, and fish!
60-Minute Tour:This extended tour lasts about 60 minutes and gives you the opportunity to spot some of the Outer Banks' most unique wildlife... the Banker Ponies! Along the way you will also get amazing views of the four wheel drive villages of Swan Isle and Carova and the Corolla Lighthouse.
90-Minute Tour:This approximately 90-minute tour takes you south along the shoreline. You will get spectacular views of the Hatteras Island beaches and lighthouse. You will also fly over the villages of Rodanthe, Salvo, Waves and Buxton as well as the Bodie Island Lighthouse. Finally, you will be treated to sightings of the wild ponies of Ocracoke Island!
This scenic helicopter tour is absolutely the best way to see the Outer Banks!
- All ages are welcome
- Car seat is required for participants under 2 years old
- Maximum weight per passenger is 290 pounds
- Maximum combined weight of passengers is 600 pounds
Depending on option selected, please plan to spend approximately 60-120 minutes at the airport to allow for check-in and check-out, etc.
Up to 3 passengers per plane, pending weight restrictions
This flight is only for the passengers booked but spectators are permitted to watch take-off and landing from inside the terminal building
This experience is weather dependent. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
The helicopter is climate controlled but please dress appropriately for the weather. Sunglasses are recommended and be sure to bring your camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is there an age limit?
No! This helicopter tour is enjoyable for all ages. Children under 2 years old will need a car seat, however. It fits the helicopter just like it would in your car.
Is there a weight restriction?
Yes. Individual passenger weight cannot exceed 290 pounds and the combined passenger weight limit is 600 pounds. If within the 600 pound weight limit, this flight can accommodate up to 3 passengers.
What happens if the weather is bad?
If the flight gets cancelled due to the weather, participants may reschedule the experience at no additional costs. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
Other Virginia Beach Gift Ideas:(View all 31 Virginia Beach experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Norfolk Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(2)From: $94
- Norfolk Sunday Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 2-half(1)From: $60
- Scenic Biplane Ride for 2 - Outer BanksFrom: $198
- Aerobatic Biplane Adventure for 2 - Outer BanksFrom: $397
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $58
- Norfolk Lunch CruiseFrom: $60
- Virginia Beach Food TourFrom: $61
- Downtown Norfolk Food TourFrom: $67
- Williamsburg Winery TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $99
- All Virginia Beach Experiences