Private Surf Lesson
Virginia Beach, VA
June through August:
*Pending instructor availability
Catch a wave like a pro when you learn to surf with a Private Surf Lesson in Virginia Beach!
- Surf Academy director, Seth Broudy is a former professional surfer
- Private instruction teaches students to correctly sit on the board, how to find the perfect wave and apply your newly learned surf techniques
- Lesson is customized to your skill and comfort level
- Great for beginners or advanced surfers!
Get your heart pumping and adrenaline racing when you learn to surf with a private lesson in Virginia Beach!
Whether you're a first time surfer hoping to get your feet wet in the sport or an intermediate or advanced surfer looking for a refresher course, the private lesson can be customized to your skill level. Choose between 1 or 2 hours of individualized instruction and get personalized attention with 1 instructor per 4 students.
See the beautiful Virginia Beach coastline from the top of a surfboard when you learn how to catch a wave with a private lesson!
- Participants must be at least 6 years old
- No experience necessary
- Surfers of all skill levels are welcome, beginner to advanced
- All equipment is provided including surfboard, leash and wetsuit (if needed)
- Participants should be in moderate to healthy physical condition, as surfing can be strenuous
- Participants must be able to swim
The lesson will be 1 or 2 hours based on the option selected.
This experience will be customized for your group. Please call Cloud 9 Living for pricing for more than 2 participants. For groups larger than 4, multiple instructors will be present.
Spectators are welcome to watch the lesson from the beach.
This experience is weather dependent. This lessons will run in most weather conditions. In the event of lightning or bad weather, your lesson will be rescheduled directly with your instructor. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Participants should wear a swimsuit and bring a towel and change of clothes. Sunscreen is recommended. If needed, a wet suit is available.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 3 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 3 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Do I need surfing experience?
No, participants of all skill levels are welcome!
Do I need to know how to swim?
Yes, basic swimming skills are required.
Are there any age restrictions?
Yes, participants must be at least 6 years old. This camp is open to both adults and kids learning to surf.
What do I need to bring?
It is recommended to bring a towel, sunblock and snack.
What happens if it rains?
This lessons will run in most weather conditions. In the event of lighting or bad weather, your lesson will be rescheduled directly with your instructor.
What if the water is cold?
Wetsuits will be available on cold days, if needed.
Other Virginia Beach Gift Ideas:(View all 31 Virginia Beach experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Norfolk Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(2)From: $96
- Norfolk Sunday Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 2-half(1)From: $66
- Scenic Biplane Ride for 2 - Outer BanksFrom: $198
- Aerobatic Biplane Adventure for 2 - Outer BanksFrom: $397
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $58
- Norfolk Lunch CruiseFrom: $64
- Virginia Beach Food TourFrom: $61
- Downtown Norfolk Food TourFrom: $67
- Williamsburg Winery TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $99
- All Virginia Beach Experiences