Virginia Beach Helicopter Tour
Hampton Roads Executive Airport -
Monday through Saturday - 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
*Pending weather and pilot availability
Check out the unbeatable views of Virginia Beach and the Tidewater region on a 60-minute scenic helicopter tour!
- Fly with up to 3 people in a Robinson R-44 helicopter with an FAA Certified Pilot
- See the Virginia Beach Boardwalk, Fort Story Lighthouses, Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, Norfolk Naval Shipyard and more
- Take photos, learn about the area from your pilot and see what it's like to fly in a helicopter on this sightseeing flight!
Enjoy the aerial views of the Virginia Beach region on a 60-minute sightseeing helicopter flight with an FAA certified pilot!
From the comfort of a Robinson R-44 helicopter, you and up to 2 other passengers will enjoy unbeatable views of famous landmarks. Sights on this flight may include:
- Virginia Beach Boardwalk
- Fort Story Lighthouses
- Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
- Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel
- Norfolk Naval Shipyard
Experience the thrill of flying in a helicopter while you enjoy breathtaking views of the Tidewater region on this Virginia Beach Helicopter Tour!
- Individual passenger weight must be less than 300 pounds
- Total combined weight of all passengers may not exceed 650 pounds
- Participants must bring a valid photo ID
- Participants must be at least 3 years old and able to sit in their own seat
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- Pilot gratuity is included in the price of this experience
- Food and drink are not allowed in the helicopter
Approximately 60 minutes of flight time.
3 passengers plus the pilot.
Spectators are welcome to watch take-off and landing from the airport.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions, flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 24 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 24 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
What is the helicopter like?
This scenic tour will take place in a Robinson R-44 helicopter with room for the pilot and up to 3 passengers. The R-44 is known for excellent safety, reliability, smooth handling and comfort.
How long is the flight?
This flight will last approximately 30 minutes.
Are there any age and/or weight restrictions?
Passengers must be at least 3 years old and sit in their own seat in the helicopter. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Individual passenger weight may not exceed 300 pounds.
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
We always recommend contacting your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
Other Virginia Beach Gift Ideas:(View all 31 Virginia Beach experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Norfolk Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(2)From: $96
- Norfolk Sunday Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 2-half(1)From: $66
- Scenic Biplane Ride for 2 - Outer BanksFrom: $198
- Aerobatic Biplane Adventure for 2 - Outer BanksFrom: $397
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $58
- Norfolk Lunch CruiseFrom: $64
- Virginia Beach Food TourFrom: $61
- Downtown Norfolk Food TourFrom: $67
- Williamsburg Winery TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $99
- All Virginia Beach Experiences
"All in all a great trip made excellent by the pilot,Jose Rafols. He covered all the sites we wanted to see. There should be a weekend contact for information if something comes up that needs to be resolved in real time. We showed up at a locked venue at about 11:30am for the 12:00 flight, but didn't see the pilot until 12:15. We called the phone numbers given at 12:00 to see if there was a flight plan problem, but all went to voicemail, both Cloud 9 Living and flight school. That was not needed and added stress for the group. Also, included in the package cost was a tip for the pilot (so it was indicated), but he didn't know that when I told him at the end of our flight. Normally I always give a tip for services performed, and felt bad that I couldn't do it for the pilot, and it seemed that he may not get it from the package cost. Maybe that's the ongoing working agreement but customers should be told that up front. Thank you for the feedback with questions."
"The company owner was great and greeted us warmly and genuinely. He explained our options to us and offered us a longer experience, but didn't pressure us for the higher cost. Our pilot was great, and explained what to look for and positioned us for pictures, and even gave us a surprise by showing us a bear living right near the airport."