Dinwidde County Airport - Petersburg, VA
Saturdays & Sundays - 9:00 AM
- All instructors are certified by the United States Parachute Association
- Drop zone owner is the Director of Safety and Training for the U.S. Parachute Association
- Ground school teaches you how to exit the airplane, freefall body positioning and how to fly and land the parachute
- Jump from 13,000 feet with 60 seconds of free fall at 120 MPH!
Imagine jumping from an airplane, flying 13,000 feet above the ground and soaring through the air at 120 MPH!
After nearly 60 seconds of free fall, you will deploy your parachute at 5,000 feet and glide to the landing area on a solo parachute descent. Of course, there is some training that takes place beforehand to get you ready for this incredible jump!
How it Works:
Your day begins with a 4- to 6-hour ground training lesson. During this course you will learn how to exit the airplane, practice correct freefall technique and how to fly and land the parachute.
There will be 2 instructors with you in freefall who will assist you from the exit of the airplane until you open the parachute 60 seconds later. Once the parachute is open the instructors continue in freefall a bit lower while you begin flying the parachute towards the landing area. Your canopy flight will be backed by radio assistance in the event you need any guidance.
Pending the schedule and weather, you will do the training lesson and jump on the same day.
Take pride in knowing you have accomplished what less than 1% of the world has ever done!
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age and in good physical condition
- Weight limit of 200 pounds; women weighing up to 230 pounds and men weighing up to 250 pounds may be able to jump for an additional fee of $20.00 - $40.00
- A DVD is available on the day of your jump for an additional cost
- 2 instructors will assist you during free fall, from the time you exit the airplane until you open the parachute 60 seconds later
- No experience necessary
Approximately 4-6 hours
1 per jump
Friends and family can come and watch participants prepare for their jump, board the plane and soar through the sky!
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress comfortably and appropriately for expected weather conditions. Closed-toe shoes are required; tennis shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations can be made at least 7 days prior to the experience resulting in a $50 cancellation fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel or reschedule at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is food available?
Food is available in town, a few miles from the drop zone, but not onsite. It is recommended to bring a picnic lunch or a snack in case you are onsite waiting on delays.
How long is the ground training before the jump?
The ground training takes anywhere from 4 to 6 hours to complete.
What do you learn in the ground school?
During the course you will learn how to exit the airplane, practice correct freefall body position and learn how to fly and land the parachute.
What happens in the air?
There will be two instructors with you in freefall who will assist you from the exit of the airplane until you open the parachute 60 seconds later. Once the parachute is open the instructors continue in freefall a bit lower while you begin flying the parachute towards the landing area. Your canopy flight is backed by radio assistance in the event you need any guidance.
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 76 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCFrom: $224Avg Rating of: 5(19)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $183Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Capitol Hill Food TourFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 4-half(13)
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(4)
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseFrom: $70Avg Rating of: 5(12)
- Private Wine Education TourFrom: $85Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Washington DC Dinner CruiseFrom: $127Avg Rating of: 3-half(10)
- All Washington DC Experiences