Warrenton Airport - Midland, VA
April - November:
Monday through Friday - 5:00 PM to Dusk
Saturdays - 8:00 AM to Dusk
Take to the skies for a looping, rolling, spinning aerial adventure on an Aerobatic Biplane Thrill Ride!
- Fly with a Masters Aerobatic Champion and Certified FAA Pilot with over 38 years of experience
- Enjoy 30 or 60 minutes of open cockpit flying in a historic, meticulously restored World War II Stearman Biplane
- Your pilot will perform a full Cuban 8, 4-point roll, a split and series of other maneuvers to give you the ride of a lifetime!
Climb into the seat of a beautifully restored World War II Stearman for a ride you're sure to remember on the Aerobatic Biplane Thrill Ride!
Your adventure will begin with a meet and greet with your pilot followed by a pre-flight briefing and safety demonstration. Next you'll climb into the aircraft and be securely strapped into your seat. Once you take-off and climb to an altitude of 3,000 feet, your pilot will begin executing aerial acrobatic maneuvers.
Maneuvers on your flight may include:
- Cuban 8's
- 4-Point rolls
- Split S's
30-Minute Aerobatic Ride:
For the thrill seeker! Enjoy 30 minutes of adrenaline filled flight time customized to your comfort level. Experience the rush of aerobatic maneuvers and get a feel for what it is like to be a fighter pilot!
60-Minute Ultimate Biplane Adventure:
For the adventurous passenger who wants to try it all! Enjoy a full hour of flight time customized to what you want. Get a taste of aerobatics, take the controls, or simply sit back and enjoy the sights!
With a Masters Aerobatic Champion at the controls, you'll get a taste of a real WWII aerial dog fight on the Aerobatic Biplane Thrill Ride!
- One passenger per flight
- Participant must weigh no more than 300 pounds
- Participant must present a valid form of ID
- Headgear will be provided
- You'll wear a safety parachute and be properly briefed before being strapped into the seat
Approximately 30 or 60 minutes of flight time, depending on the option selected.
1 passenger per flight
Spectators are encouraged to watch the take-off and landing. The airport has a climate-controlled lounge area equipped with restrooms and vending machines.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather conditions. Closed-toes shoes and sunglasses are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your pilot.
What do I need to bring with me?
Please bring a valid form of ID with you to the airport.
Will I be cold in the open cockpit?
It is recommended to bring a light jacket with you but it does depend on the season and weather for the day. During the summer months, a jacket is not always needed. Gloves during cooler months are recommended.
Can I bring a camera on board?
Participants may bring a camera on board, however it is recommended to use a secure wrist strap.
Are there any height, weight or age restrictions?
The passenger must weigh no more than 300 pounds. To ensure the parachute fits correctly, this flight is suitable for anyone over the age of 12. There are no height restrictions.
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 74 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCAvg Rating of: 5(22)From: $224
- Capitol Hill Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $61
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $70
- Private Wine Education TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(6)From: $85
- Fly a WWII BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $250
- Washington DC Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(11)From: $131
- Gourmet Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(3)From: $167
- All Washington DC Experiences
"It's too bad the rating scale tops out at 10 for this one. Dave Brown would earn 11s in my book. The Cloud 9 Living interface experience was easy and straightforward... had my booking in less than a day. The flight itself with Dave was tremendous. He is a great guy, very enthusiastic about what he does, and skillfully flies an immaculately-maintained aircraft. I am a former Navy carrier-based jet pilot with over 3,000 hours in all sorts of conditions, and this flight ranks in my Top 10 under the "memorable for positive reasons" category! I'd go again in a heartbeat. "
"This experience is great!! It's like being on a roller coaster 4,000 feet in the sky. My only wish is that it could've lasted longer!! (And it'd be great if David mounted a video camera in the cockpit to record the flight/passenger experience. I would've bought it.)"