Biplane Sightseeing Flight for 1
Warrenton Airport - Midland, VA
April - November:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturdays - 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Certified FAA Pilot is a Masters Aerobatic Champion with over 38 years of experience
- Fly in an open cockpit, meticulously restored WWII training aircraft
- Enjoy a smooth flight or ask your pilot to take steep turns and wing-overs for a more thrilling ride
- Feel the wind on your face like a 1930's Barnstorming pilot!
Take in beautiful views of the Virginia countryside in a meticulously restored Stearman Biplane!
Your Certified FAA Pilot has over 38 years of flying experience and is a Masters Aerobatic Champion. You'll fly in an open cockpit historic WWII training aircraft that was originally owned and operated by the U.S. Army Air Corps from 1942-1945.
30-Minute Sightseeing Flight:
Sit back and simply enjoy the sights or if you're seeking a more thrilling ride, your pilot can perform some steep turns or wing-overs!
60-Minute Ultimate Biplane Adventure:
For the adventurous passenger who wants to try it all! Enjoy a full hour of flight time customized to what you want. Get a taste of aerobatics, take the controls, or simply sit back and enjoy the sights!
Feel the wind in your face like the Barnstorming pilots of the 1930's on this exciting Biplane Sightseeing Flight!
- One passenger per flight
- Participant must weigh no more than 300 pounds
- Participant must present a valid form of ID
- Headgear will be provided
Approximately 30 or 60 minutes of flight time, depending on the option selected.
1 passenger per flight
Spectators are encouraged to watch the take-off and landing. The airport has a climate-controlled lounge area equipped with restrooms and vending machines.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather conditions. Closed-toes shoes and sunglasses are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your pilot.
What do I need to bring with me?
Please bring a valid form of ID with you to the airport.
Will I be cold in the open cockpit?
It is recommended to bring a light jacket with you but it does depend on the season and weather for the day. During the summer months, a jacket is not always needed. Gloves during cooler months are recommended.
Can I bring a camera on board?
Participants may bring a camera on board, however it is recommended to use a secure wrist strap.
Are there any height, weight or age restrictions?
The passenger must weigh no more than 300 pounds. There are no height or age restrictions.
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 76 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCAvg Rating of: 5(22)From: $224
- Capitol Hill Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $61
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $70
- Private Wine Education TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(6)From: $85
- Fly a WWII BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $250
- Washington DC Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(11)From: $131
- Gourmet Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(3)From: $167
- All Washington DC Experiences
"The biplane ride was absolutely fantastic. Pilot was very knowledgeable and friendly. "
"Fantastic experience, great pilot, beautiful aircraft, and nothing but fun, fun, fun."