Blackwater Wildlife Refuge Paddle
Select 2017 dates only:
October 7th & 8th.
- Tours established in 1999 by an award-winning American Canoe Association instructor
- The first kayak school in the nation to be both an American Canoe Association (ACA) Pro School and a British Canoe Union (BCU) Endorsed Center
- No kayaking experience necessary
- Discover the home of bald eagles, Delmarva Penninsula Fox Squirrel, a variety of waterfowl species and more!
Paddle the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge for extraordinary views of wildlife and nature!
Your experienced and knowledgeable guide will lead you through the flat waters allowing you to quietly glide to areas flourishing with over 60 species of birds and 13 species of waterfowl. This Wildlife Refuge is also home to a large Bald Eagle population, the national bird of the United States.
The kayaks provided are easy to paddle and can accommodate all skill levels, including beginners. Your guide will provide instruction as well as all necessary equipment to provide you with a fun 4-hour tour!
Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge as well as the species it is home to while you paddle through this national treasure.
- Participants must be at least 10 years old and 90 pounds
- Includes kayak, paddle and PFD
- Recommended to bring a light, waterproof snack (e.g. a protein or granola bar) and bottle of water
- No kayak experience necessary
Up to 14 people per group
This experience is only for booked participants.
This experience runs rain or shine. In the event your experience is canceled due to extreme inclement weather you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
It is recommended to wear synthetic under-layers, a bathing suit and closed-toe shoes. Cotton clothes are not recommended as they hold and retain water. Don't forget sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What is included?
The Blackwater Wildlife Refuge Paddle includes akayak, paddle and personal flotation device (PFD).
What should I bring?
It is recommended to bring a light, waterproof snack (e.g. a protein or granola bar) and bottle of water. Don't forget sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat!
Are there any age requirements?
Participants must be at least 10 years of age and 90 pounds. Please note, this experience is geared towards adults.
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 83 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $349
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $70
- Capitol Hill Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $61
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $63
- Fly a WWII BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $250
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Private Wine Education TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $85
- All Washington DC Experiences