Pier 4, 6th & Water Street - Washington DC
March through Mid-October:
Select dates - 8:30 AM
Click here for schedule
Embark on a patriotic journey down the Potomac River, immersing yourself in America's roots with a Cruise to Mt. Vernon.
- Your excursion includes a round-trip cruise from Washington D.C. to Mt. Vernon, a narrated riverfront tour, and discounted admission to George Washington's famed estate.
- Admire celebrated DC attractions on the 1.5-hour cruises along the Potomac, as you journey to and from Mt. Vernon.
- Enjoy 3 fascinating hours of exploring the home of America's first president, George Washington.
- This day spent out on the water is the perfect way to share sightseeing in DC and beyond with family and friends!
Explore the stuff that true American history is made of, with a round-trip Cruise to Mt. Vernon. Whether visiting the nation's capitol or just looking for things to do in DC with family or friends, this scenic boat ride is the best way to enjoy a blend of history, sightseeing and relaxation.
Hop aboard the Spirit of Mt. Vernon for the first of two 1.5-hour wanders along the Potomac River. You'll enjoy a leisurely riverfront tour that offers the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the boat's many comfortable amenities. Snap photos from the rooftop lounge or decks of the ship as it glides through the water and past notable DC attractions, complete with light narration. Stop by the snack bar to purchase eats and treats like pastries, muffins, bagels, hot dogs, pizza, chips, candy, soda, juice, bottled water and more.
Once the Cruise to Mt. Vernon reaches its destination, it's time to relish a few hours of fascinating history about America's first President. Step back in time to 18th century plantation life. Discover George Washington's treasured estate on a guided tour, marveling at his impressive 21-room mansion. Or show yourself around his famed stomping grounds at your own pace, checking out the gristmill, distillery, museum, pioneer farm, gardens and Washington's final resting place. And don't miss out on grabbing a tasty bite to eat at the estate's modern food court!
After 3 fulfilling hours of history-buff bliss, the Spirit of Mt. Vernon will make its return cruise to Washington DC. Sit back and relax, enjoying another round of DC sightseeing in the good company of family and friends. While you're at it, head to the ship's full-service cash bar to treat yourself to a refreshing beverage for the 1.5-hour journey back to The District.
Whether you're visiting the area or call it home, this remarkable Cruise to Mt. Vernon is an ideal way to get your fix of lounging, sightseeing, history and patriotism — all in one unique trip along the Potomac River.
- Price includes round-trip cruise ticket, narrated Potomac River tour and Mt. Vernon Entrance Fee
- Items from the snack bar available for purchase on board include pastries, muffins, bagels, hot dogs, pizza, chips, candy, ice cold beer, soda, juice, bottled water and more
- You may also purchase lunch or snacks at the food court on the Mt. Vernon estate
Approximately 7 hours: 1.5 hours of cruising each way and approximately 3 hours and 15 minutes at Mt. Vernon estate
The cruise ship can accommodate up to 500 people.
Only those on board will be able to enjoy this experience.
This experience will not be affected by weather conditions and will run rain or shine.
What to Wear:
Comfortable and casual clothing recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 5 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given but rescheduling your dinner cruise is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your boarding time. Rescheduling is subject to a $25 per person transfer fee. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel, or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Where does the ship go?
The ship sails past several historic and National sites on its way to and from Mount Vernon. Sites from the ship include Fort Lesley J. McNair and General's Row, Washington Monument, National Airport, Alexandria, Virginia, Torpedo Factory, Admiral's Row, Jones Point, Woodrow Wilson Bridge and the US Naval Research Lab.
Is the ship wheelchair accessible?
Yes. The ship can accommodate wheelchairs for early boarding. Please notify Cloud 9 Living of any special-assistance members in your party prior to the cruise so you will be provided with appropriate assistance upon arrival.
What is the smoking policy?
All interior areas of the ship are non-smoking areas. Smoking is allowed in the designated outdoor observation deck area only.
What should I wear?
Casual attire is fine. A good pair of walking shoes is recommended for the Mount Vernon portion of the tour.
Does the ship sail in inclement weather?
Yes. The ship is fully enclosed and climate-controlled for your comfort and cruises rain or shine.
What kind of food is available for purchase?
You can purchase breakfast or lunch items from the fully-stocked snack bar on board. The menu includes pastries, muffins, bagels, hot dogs, pizza, chips, candy, juice, soda, cold beer and more.
Can I bring outside food on board?
Absolutely, you are more than welcome to bring snacks or a picnic lunch on board.
What type of seating is featured onboard?
The ship features open seating so you can come and go as you please.
Are there any age requirements?
Children are welcome on our and children under 3 years old cruise free. Please inform Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking if you will be bringing additional guests under 3 to ensure seating.
Is there parking available?
Yes, paid parking is available across the street from the dock. It is cash only.
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 74 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCAvg Rating of: 5(22)From: $224
- Capitol Hill Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $61
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $70
- Private Wine Education TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(6)From: $85
- Fly a WWII BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $250
- Washington DC Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(11)From: $131
- Gourmet Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(3)From: $167
- All Washington DC Experiences
"On our arrival to the boat we were greeted. The food staff were friendly and helpful. The guide was clear and interesting. The Mt Vernon site was a wonderful experience, and the return trip was very comfortable. Once again, it was a good day."
"The cruise to Mt. Vernon was informative and very pleasant, providing a perfect day to enjoy the deep history of an important part of our American history fabric. Thank you for the great experience!"