Whitetail Resort - Departs from DC
January through March:
Saturdays & Sundays - 6:30 AM to 7:30 AM*
*Meeting time depends on pickup location
- Enjoy the day with a top rated experience provider on TripAdvisor
- Tour includes an all area lift ticket, equipment rental ticket (if selected), and experienced staff to guide you
- Round-trip transportation from Washington DC provided
- Whitetail Resort has terrain for everyone, whether you are a beginner, or a more experienced skier or snowboarder!
Get ready for a fun day of skiing or snowboarding on the slopes of Whitetail Resort. With the groomed runs, and epic terrain park it really makes for the best day away from Washington DC!
Not only does Whitetail Resort boast some of the best skiable vertical south of Vermont, its state-of-the-art snow making guarantees superb conditions.
The day starts in DC, where you'll board the bus and head to the mountain. Once you arrive at Whitetail Resort you will receive an all area lift ticket and equipment rental ticket (if selected). The guides are there to guide you, but you can explore the mountain on your own.
Affordable 90-minute lessons are available on the day of the experience, if you'd like to learn or improve your skiing or snowboarding skills.
This full day trip includes:
- An all area lift ticket
- Ski or snowboard equipment rental with helmet (if selected)
- Round-trip transportation from DC
- Experienced staff to guide you
- You may also purchase a small-group lesson add-on for $20 on the day of the experience
- Must be at least 18 years old with valid photo ID to participate
- Tour includes round-trip transportation from Washington DC, an all area lift ticket and equipment rental ticket (if selected as your package)
- Pick-up locations at Union Station, Georgetown, and Rockville, MD
- 90-minute lessons are available for just $20 (subject to change), you can purchase lessons when you arrive at Whitetail Resort the day of the trip
The tour will last 11-12 hours in total.
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 50 per tour. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those booked on the tour.
This experience is weather/snow dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear ski clothing appropriate for the weather conditions. It is recommended to wear ski pants, a ski jacket, a helmet (helmet is included in the rentals), gloves and goggles.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 2 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no cancellations can be made. You may reschedule your experience up to 14 days prior to your booked date at no charge. Rescheduling within 14 days of your booked experience will result in a fee of $20 per person, subject to availability. Rescheduling within 72 hours of your booked experience will result in a fee of $35 per person, subject to availability.
Is lunch included?
No, lunch is not included. It is recommended to bring cash or a credit card for lunch at the mountain. There are multiple food options available at the resort.
What time do we leave Whitetail Resort?
You will leave Whitetail Resort at 4:30 PM.
Are lessons available for purchase?
Yes, 90-minute lessons are available for purchase when you arrive at Whitetail Resort the day of your trip. Just talk to your guide and they will help point you to the lesson center.
Are there lockers available at the mountain?
Yes, there are lockers available at an extra cost. You can also leave some things on the bus. Everything that is left on the bus will be locked throughout the day.
Can I take the bus up on one day and the bus back on another?
Unfortunately the bus transportation is only valid for use within a single day. This is to ensure that all participants have available seats for the return journey to Washington DC.
Do I need to know how to ski or snowboard in order to go?
No, Whitetail Resort has terrain for anyone. If you are a beginner it is recommended to purchase the $20 (subject to change) group lesson ticket on the day of the experience.
What happens if I miss the bus?
You will be placed on standby for the next available bus that day. If there is a no-show, we will happily accommodate you but keep in mind by purchasing a specific date and time you reserve a single seat on that specific bus so if you miss your bus we cannot guarantee another spot.
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 85 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $349
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $70
- Capitol Hill Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(22)From: $61
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $63
- Fly a WWII BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $250
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Private Wine Education TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $85
- All Washington DC Experiences