Select Sundays - 4:00 PM
Click here for schedule
Dive into this introductory Discover Scuba course to become well-acquainted with the underwater sport!
- Dive instructors are PADI Certified and will begin with a brief orientation to make sure everyone is comfortable
- Learn the basics of scuba diving, safety precautions and how to properly use equipment
- Upon completion you will be ready to move on to the Open Water Certification Course
- Experience life underwater for the first time!
Experience your first breath underwater and learn how to safely dive in this 3-hour Discover Scuba course!
This enlightening 2-hour class will teach you the basics of scuba diving in and out of the water. After a brief safety orientation with a PADI Certified Dive Instructor, you will have the opportunity to apply your skills and dive in a pool under his/her supervision.
This class is the perfect way to introduce yourself to the amazing world of scuba diving!
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age
- Basic swimming skills are required
- Includes mask, snorkel, fins, fin booties and weightbelt
- Wetsuits may be provided if necessary
- All participants must complete a medical questionnaire prior to the lesson
- No experience necessary
Approximately 3 hours
Up to 30 people per class
Friends and family may come and watch your lesson.
This experience takes place indoors and will not be affected by weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear your bathing suit and please bring a towel. A wetsuit may be provided if necessary.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 3 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
How difficult is it to learn to scuba dive?
The pool skills are brief and simple for those who are comfortable in water. Every individual will move along according to his or her mastery of the skills.
Are there special requirements that I have to meet before taking a course?
Participants must be 12 years or older and in good health.You will be asked to complete a medical statement at the time of registration.
Do I need to be an excellent swimmer to take a scuba course?
Basic swimming skills are required for this Discover Scuba experience. You will be asked to complete a 200 meter swim and a 10-minute survival float.
Can I still scuba dive if I wear contact lenses or glasses?
Yes, you can wear soft contact lenses while diving, or you arrange to have custom made prescription lenses installed in your mask.
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 76 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCAvg Rating of: 5(22)From: $224
- Capitol Hill Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $61
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $70
- Private Wine Education TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(6)From: $85
- Fly a WWII BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $250
- Washington DC Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(11)From: $131
- Gourmet Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(3)From: $167
- All Washington DC Experiences
"SCUBA was something I always wanted to do, but was very nervous about it. Mike and his staff took extra time with me and even gave me extra training after class was over, to make me feel more comfortable and confident underwater. Today, 2 years later, I am working on my dive master certification and plan to be an instructor for the physically handicapped. Thank you for your help Mike!"